OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 407 guests and one member online

  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: Naughty defeats all Clubs

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158276

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1829
  • Thank you received: 690
Oh boy where does a Swans support start.Anytime late in the season the last couple of seasons.
1976-77-78 seasons.After two narrow Prelim losses in 74,75.
But I will narrow it down to 3 games late in the 1981 season.Probably one of Swans best sides on paper.
Round 21 v Claremont.Lead by 26 points at 3\4 time and lost.
81 second semi didn't bark a yelp
81 Prelim smashed by 14 goals.Lead by 12 points at half time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158278

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6076
  • Thank you received: 1467

Dazzler wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: This thread is about naughty defeats, defeats which looking back on them, were totally unacceptable.


FMD how long have you got? I could fill pages and pages on this.

A couple that spring to mind from 1981 just as the Demons were starting their diabolical descent to long-term mediocrity.

I remember as a kid being at Lathlain in 81 when Swans kicked 38 goals against us. My foot nearly fell off from kicking the ball back from behind the goals.

But they managed to out do that later in the season when they let Claremont kick 39 goals in another 150+ point thumping. Fk that was a bleak day.

There's a team poster of the 1981 team just outside the Past Players room at Lathlain. What those poor guys went through that year.

I remember both those games too Dazz the Swans one obviously as Beasley kicked 13 that day and was in awe of our side at the time but the Claremont game later in the year was replayed later that night on the ABC show that used to be on Saturday nights and I remember the Krakouer brothers putting on a clinic along with feeding Ralph for a few. The things you remember some 37+ years ago!! :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158280

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6076
  • Thank you received: 1467

gtrxuone wrote: Oh boy where does a Swans support start.Anytime late in the season the last couple of seasons.
1976-77-78 seasons.After two narrow Prelim losses in 74,75.
But I will narrow it down to 3 games late in the 1981 season.Probably one of Swans best sides on paper.
Round 21 v Claremont.Lead by 26 points at 3\4 time and lost.
81 second semi didn't bark a yelp
81 Prelim smashed by 14 goals.Lead by 12 points at half time.

That 81 side was close to the best side we ever put on the park GTR which made our Finals capitulation even more hard to understand at the time?!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158281

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1829
  • Thank you received: 690

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Oh boy where does a Swans support start.Anytime late in the season the last couple of seasons.
1976-77-78 seasons.After two narrow Prelim losses in 74,75.
But I will narrow it down to 3 games late in the 1981 season.Probably one of Swans best sides on paper.
Round 21 v Claremont.Lead by 26 points at 3\4 time and lost.
81 second semi didn't bark a yelp
81 Prelim smashed by 14 goals.Lead by 12 points at half time.

That 81 side was close to the best side we ever put on the park GTR which made our Finals capitulation even more hard to understand at the time?!

BH Swans boys played out of there skins in 82,83,84.Yep imo 81 was a gun side but that year the Wafl had 3 heavyweight sides.+the loss of Richo+ Solin in the finals that year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158282

  • Cesspit
  • Cesspit's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 929
  • Thank you received: 60

Dazzler wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: This thread is about naughty defeats, defeats which looking back on them, were totally unacceptable.


FMD how long have you got? I could fill pages and pages on this.

A couple that spring to mind from 1981 just as the Demons were starting their diabolical descent to long-term mediocrity.

I remember as a kid being at Lathlain in 81 when Swans kicked 38 goals against us. My foot nearly fell off from kicking the ball back from behind the goals.

But they managed to out do that later in the season when they let Claremont kick 39 goals in another 150+ point thumping. Fk that was a bleak day.

There's a team poster of the 1981 team just outside the Past Players room at Lathlain. What those poor guys went through that year.



You're right Dazzler, there have been so many over the years you couldn't possibly pick the worst.

Even last year against South at Fremantle oval.

We were 5.6 to 2.3 ahead at quarter time. For the rest of the game we kicked 2.5 to Souths 23.10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158293

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3013
  • Thank you received: 258
I think that the Magpie supporters could give you a “naughty defeat”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 4 days ago #158318

  • ArkRoyal
  • ArkRoyal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2874
  • Thank you received: 714
shark 58: congratulations to the Eagles; I you have to do is help Bill fix EF.

thanks for the post guys, I enjoyed reading them all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 3 days ago #158452

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626
Its been pretty much hell since then dazzler for the mob out Bishopgate Road way...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 3 days ago #158454

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626
1989 Grand Final..now on you tube, for some macabre reason I watched it again, mainly to see myself in the crowd...

what a day but its locked in the memory bank more so than any other for some reason..

I always reckon you seem to remember the gfs losses more than the wins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Naughty defeats all Clubs 1 month 1 day ago #158547

  • Devonleigh
  • Devonleigh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 263
  • Thank you received: 44
The WAFL saying East Freo can have a gimmie for the 1997 G/F, it being their 100th year celebration then along came those mongrel bulldogs who because of their lack of education didn't read the script.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags