Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158073

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
that sounds about right a/man. I don't think the mechanics have been agreed upon by WCE and the WAFC but it will see an 18 game season where we all play each other twice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158081

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Hardly news. That has been well known for quite a while. Just the mechanics to be announced.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158084

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

smokey wrote: Hardly news. That has been well known for quite a while. Just the mechanics to be announced.

Correct Smokey.
Finally get rid of that horrible bye.
Play teams twice one at home and one away,can’t get any fairer fixture than that.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158088

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
It doesn't look like we will have a Ressie comp nxt year.Will the Eagles have a colts side??

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158091

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

gtrxuone wrote: It doesn't look like we will have a Ressie comp nxt year.Will the Eagles have a colts side??

Have not heard that the ressies are going but that the Colts will be played all over the place, 3 games at a single venue type stuff.

THe weagles will only have a League side so their games sides will have a bye for ressies and colts.

The other rumour is that women will play in place of the colts, terrible and demeaning decision.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158092

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: It doesn't look like we will have a Ressie comp nxt year.Will the Eagles have a colts side??

Have not heard that the ressies are going but that the Colts will be played all over the place, 3 games at a single venue type stuff.

THe weagles will only have a League side so their games sides will have a bye for ressies and colts.

The other rumour is that women will play in place of the colts, terrible and demeaning decision.

Grump I have been saying for MONTHS that the colts would play at one venue; the women will replace the men's reserves' competition; and as a consequence the ressies will be defunct by 2020.

The question is why would anyone bother to continue to support the farce is not the WAFL? I would also speculate why should anyone be surprised with the VICTORIAN PARASITE LEAGUE would introduce a mid-season draft. That decision is merely an extension of the decision to have host club alignments and/or an Eagles standalone team in the WAFL.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158094

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Firstly I don't have any particular issue with the womens league, my issue is that the standard of football is the equivalent of community football at a 12 or 13 level and until it is of a standard that equates to the current reserves games then it should stay as a stand alone league. The argument is or that is rolled out is look at least years crowds in the AFLW which were quite good but it was FREE and it was certainly an oddity. People will flock to a freebie and be able to watch folk trying to play a game it was like AFLX an oddity and yep folk went but ......... .

The current survey will be interesting if folk fill it in accurately, I reckon from what I hear is that folk don't want the womens league anywhere near the WAFL.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158095

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
As for the mid season draft I am a bit bet each way, I always want WAFL players to be able play at the highest level and to deny them the opportunity would be a bit not right.

I also understand that a club may have their finals chances cruelled by losing a star player just cos an AFL wants to top up their list.

The possible solutions are that if a club loses a player then there must some form of compensation which maybe being able top up their list from the reserves list of another club, bit of a domino process plus receive a financial compensation from the AFL club and it must be direct and not via the commission or WAFL.

Also if the player is not player after 5 rounds they come back, bit of ruckus for the player but I am sure they will cope given the experience.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158096

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I think you might find the Womens comp won't get up for next season- it appears the clubs haven't sold their soul and the money to run it wasn't there.

ten team comp next season? 5 years 6 months ago #158100

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was quoted a figure of around $50,000 - $70,000 it was going to cost Swans next year.

For the record I think the women's matches (youth, reserves and league) should be played after each other on a Sunday and develop the game with that structure.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 659 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog