Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL fixturing 10 years 11 months ago #12934

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Freezin wrote: SD, you know well as I SF v EF games attract the biggest crowds, thus if the derby could only command a crowd of roughly 4000, then one could safely assume a WP/SD game would attract 3000 tops......even at Steel Blue!

Interest in the two Freo clubs is on the wane the past few years i believe, Swans and WP are the biggest pulling teams consistenly over the whole season, and the crowd figures of recent seasons back this up
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL fixturing 10 years 11 months ago #12939

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: SD, you know well as I SF v EF games attract the biggest crowds, thus if the derby could only command a crowd of roughly 4000, then one could safely assume a WP/SD game would attract 3000 tops......even at Steel Blue!

If only Swans got to play on Foundation Day every year tho freeze ;) ..the one year we did back in 1990 we got over 12,000 to Basso vs EP then the 2 Freo clubs got in the ear of the WAFC to put an end to that ..i mean we wouldnt want to upstage the "exclusive" Freo Derby now would we!! :whistle:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

WAFL fixturing 10 years 11 months ago #13023

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote: I thought I heard or read somewhere that West Perth and Swans were trying ot make this an annual event. Agreed we had some good Anzac Day crowds with our matches against Perth.

If this game was at Basso it would have been 5K mate. It should be SD v WP at Basso every ANZAC Day between the two best followed WAFL clubs

I know WP and SD also have a strong rivalry but it becomes lopsided if you evolve the fixtures around 4 or 5 clubs. Like I said, EP and WP have their derbies and EF and SF have theirs. That gives those clubs 3 opportunities each year to draw good crowds and usually at least one of those games draws a bumper crowd which is a windfall for those clubs.

WP v SD usually draw good crowds anyway. Perth and SD also have a good rivalry and I think being neighboring clubs in the eastern corridor has something to do with it.

Last edit: by Johnno.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 269 guests and one member online

• Warwick Greenwood Bulls

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977