Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12671

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
91.3 Excelled to day with 3 WAFL Coaches interviews. All good interviews on the respective Clubs. Thanks to 91.3 for supporting WAFL FOOTY :) Excellant questions by Ben and Adam the Sports Breakfast announcers.

David Crute new WPFC CEO

www.sportfm.com.au/20130424_david_crute.mp3

Tom Botterell SD CEO

www.sportfm.com.au/20130424_tom_bottrell.mp3

Marty Atkins Perth CEO
who explains WAFL fixturing and HOW it is arrived at

www.sportfm.com.au/20130424_marty_atkins.mp3

Attachment not found

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cardy.

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12676

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Marty didnt want to play Claremont first! Wow-defeatest attitude.

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12719

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If they don't start to fixture matches away from the dockers/Eagles then the doomsayers will be right and this comp will die.

It seems that some weeks they even choose to go up directly against live or live TV coverage of the dockers/Eagles instead of playing on an alternative day/night.

The has been the case with the last 3 Subi matches.

Naturally, as it has been since 1995, attendances will be poor on those days and this leads people to panic and look for solutions beyond the obvious.

The answers are right there in front of us. As they have been since the dockers entered the AFL. Go back and look at the attendances of WAFL matches and match them up with the times the dockers/Eagles played.

Also the lights need to be sorted at the grounds that have them to give us the option of Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The weather is changing and the colder nights are coming later and later.

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12722

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
LH you know that, I know that, most of us on here know that yet the people actually paid to run our competition seemingly dont know that to maximise crowds avoid playing directly against the bloody WCE & F!
The fixturing of the WAFL has me shaking my head in disbelief every year of late with this week's classic stuff up of Swans having to back up on a Thursday after playing on the previous Sunday!! :angry:
And dont even get me started on the promotion, advertising, marketing of the WAFL or should I say lack there of!! :blink:

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12726

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
That is correct. You would be well within your rights to say 'lack there of!!'.

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: Make correction to spelling

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12728

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hate the term these guys use as well calling us the 2ND TIER.. Gee before the Eagles came along with all the promises that it would not influence the WAFL WE WERE 1ST TIER IN WA. Now we are 2nd Tier. Next year with EP and Peel in our comp the 7G will be the 3rd Tier and so on until we will be shedding Tears of pain to see our great comp relegated to below Amatuer status just to Feed the AFL and their 2 lackies EP and Peel thru the 2 AFL clubs having ownership to any player who gets to that level.

Farken Angry

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12758

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: LH you know that, I know that, most of us on here know that yet the people actually paid to run our competition seemingly dont know that to maximise crowds avoid playing directly against the bloody WCE & F!
The fixturing of the WAFL has me shaking my head in disbelief every year of late with this week's classic stuff up of Swans having to back up on a Thursday after playing on the previous Sunday!! :angry:
And dont even get me started on the promotion, advertising, marketing of the WAFL or should I say lack there of!! :blink:

Sadly, this is what we have ahead. Only the games in bold not clashing with the Eagles/Dockers. It's going to be a rough time between rounds 8-10.

Round 7 (Anzac Day Round)
Thur 2.10 P v EP
Thur 2.10 WP v SD
Thur 4.15 SF v EF

Sat 2.10 PT v CL

Round 8
Sat 2.10 CL v P
Sat 2.10 EF v WP
Sat 2.10 EP v SF
Sat 2.10 PT v S

Round 9
Sat 2.10 CL v EF
Sat 2.10 SF v PT
Sat 2.10 S v P
Sat 2.10 SD v EP

Round 10
Sat 2.10 PT v EP
Sat 2.10 SF v CL
Sat 2.10 SD v S
Sat 2.10 WP v P

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12771

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Cardy, the AFL would be happy to see the WAFL as a Colts competition.

You may recall many years ago (back in the 90's I think), there was a call to make the WAFL an U23 competition.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12779

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep now you Mention it DF I do remember that push. How soon we forget. Thanks for reminding us of that as it was full on from Memory and would suit the AFL teams to a T :(

WAFL CEO'S Corner interviews 24 April 10 years 11 months ago #12786

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Cardy, I think we just need to get behind the WAFL regardless of the alignment, we need to get over it and support our teams.

"Boycotting", just hurts our clubs we will find ways of overcoming any disadvantage.

I think the aligned clubs may have their moments in the future but I don't think they will be a strong as people think.

I may be wrong, just my HO.

In the meantime I will be at Lathlain living in hope that one day my beloved DEES will win the holy grail.

Been going to Lathlain since 1959, have great memories of having my hair ruffled by my idols. They used to always sit you next them for a chat.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 370 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma