Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156094

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Bullwinkle wrote: Well what an interesting outcome. When a Business fails with ATO as a creditor they do not usually have a happy ending like this. A couple of questions in my mind.
1. The WAFC have been criticised for the way they have handled this, what kind of board can we expect them to install? I dont think there has been a WP friendly Executive or Commission since the Ross Kelly days.
2. If Fiduciary Duty is about trust, confidence, standards and reasonable care, Is there any accountability to the Board or previous staff for any potential legal ramifications.
3. I would have thought that Wp would have had to have demonstrated their financial diligence each year to get the millions of dollars they would have recieved in grants from the wafc over the past ten years.
4. If the board is suspended or removed does that mean the wp constitution is disolved? what does this mean for the current members.

Some brilliant questions there Bullwinkle. Can’t wait for Gavin Taylor to wield out the spin to explain the WAFC position.
Still no mention of David Crute current WAFC employees role in this farce? Cmon Gav come clean....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156096

• The_Duck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7

Bullwinkle wrote: Well what an interesting outcome. When a Business fails with ATO as a creditor they do not usually have a happy ending like this. A couple of questions in my mind.
1. The WAFC have been criticised for the way they have handled this, what kind of board can we expect them to install? I dont think there has been a WP friendly Executive or Commission since the Ross Kelly days.
2. If Fiduciary Duty is about trust, confidence, standards and reasonable care, Is there any accountability to the Board or previous staff for any potential legal ramifications.
3. I would have thought that Wp would have had to have demonstrated their financial diligence each year to get the millions of dollars they would have recieved in grants from the wafc over the past ten years.
4. If the board is suspended or removed does that mean the wp constitution is disolved? what does this mean for the current members.

Fiduciary Duty - to act to the best of their ability... big loophole right there...

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156098

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Southerner wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Southerner wrote: In the same article it's been confirmed East Perth has been granted extra player cap points and an increased salary cap along with recruiting concessions for when the alignment ends

Southy I think that is just about it for me I am done with the WAFL what an absolute farce!
My club gets absolutely nothing from the WAFC in fact it gets shafted and hence we struggle along year after year taken for granted by the WAFC cronies ditto for a couple of other clubs whilst others get hand out after hand out!
What a piss poor run joke this comp is!

I'm not at all sure whether all the clubs have been fully advised of this development mate - it's a precedent and not at all merited if you take alignment money into the sum , this is potentially a huge advantage

Mate those farkwits at the WAFC never learn or do they?.....they give $ubi a leg up for decades by giving them a compensation package to leave HQ whilst also allowing them a seats deal and to keep their bar there and now they hand EP (who after not having to pay for players, coaches etc whilst aligned for 2nd time) salary cap and points cap advantages....you seriously could not make this shit up unless you had people from those clubs on your commission!!!
Meanwhile over at Bassendean Swans get SFA year after year not sure if the same at some other clubs EF, SF, Perth?

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156099

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Southerner wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Southerner wrote: In the same article it's been confirmed East Perth has been granted extra player cap points and an increased salary cap along with recruiting concessions for when the alignment ends

Southy I think that is just about it for me I am done with the WAFL what an absolute farce!
My club gets absolutely nothing from the WAFC in fact it gets shafted and hence we struggle along year after year taken for granted by the WAFC cronies ditto for a couple of other clubs whilst others get hand out after hand out!

I'm not at all sure whether all the clubs have been fully advised of this development mate - it's a precedent and not at all merited if you take alignment money into the sum , this is potentially a huge advantage

Mate those farkwits at the WAFC never learn or do they?.....they give $ubi a leg up for decades by giving them a compensation package to leave HQ whilst also allowing them a seats deal and to keep their bar there and now they hand EP (who after not having to pay for players, coaches etc whilst aligned for 2nd time) salary cap and points cap advantages....you seriously could not make this shit up unless you had people from those clubs on your commission!!!
Meanwhile over at Bassendean Swans get SFA year after year not sure if the same at some other clubs EF, SF, Perth?

I for one don't want it, i just want us to be on the same footing as you guys, we will sink or swim based on our ability to manage the club and players.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156100

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Grump you dont even need it you have an extremely good young squad already assembled there that would probably beat my mob and Freezes mob and yet you get concessions and we both get fark all how is that fair???
But I think we both know the WAFL League comp is the most lopsided uneven sporting competition in world sport governed by the biggest jokes in world sport that make the IOC & FIFA look fair and equitable!
I have no doubt your club dictator and his joined at the hip offsider are the 2 that have requested and received these concessions

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156103

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Southerner wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BH I believe that Perth were told that they would get some help with points to help them onfield.
Not sure that it was forthcoming although we may not be in the position to buy the quality of 10 points player Subi seem to get within their salary cap lol
Subi seem to have an endless number of quality players PLAYING FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156106

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote: Grump you dont even need it you have an extremely good young squad already assembled there that would probably beat my mob and Freezes mob and yet you get concessions and we both get fark all how is that fair???
But I think we both know the WAFL League comp is the most lopsided uneven sporting competition in world sport governed by the biggest jokes in world sport that make the IOC & FIFA look fair and equitable!
I have no doubt your club dictator and his joined at the hip offsider are the 2 that have requested and received these concessions

Bh I doubt we will need salary cap or points for the following reasons

1.we have only two players that are currently worth multiple points being Wellingham (12) and maginnis (10).I think the points system is about 120 so I suspect when we go back to a stand alone squad of sixty we will 40 ponts to use for recruiting.

2.Salary cap.Now that we are not aligned our salary cap will go up $100,00 which should allow us to recruit 3 or 4 players.I am of the viewpont we will need a few more mature players to give us leadership but I do expect several of the reserves to move up a grade .As well hopefully Jackson Ramsay will be over his ACL and maybe a few guys who have drifted away from the club will come back.I think we will be in a position to even attract a few guys from amateurs who will see us a better option because of more options without eagles cloggers in the team.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156107

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Amazing decision from the ATO, apparently they were first in line and an absolute monty to get their money (in full)first, complete with garnishment etc, etc.
Then again here is a practical application of how administration processes actually work (whether or not you agree with them)

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156109

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
all I will say is this: it is no wonder the federal budget is in trouble

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156110

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I wonder if Joondy will expect a 96% discount on everything they purchase after this result?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, CasualObserver

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 327 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977