Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156011

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I thought that we could start afresh and look at the outcome with a positive view.

The scenarios are many and some will see WP continue as they are with some restrictions or constraints. Some see them continuing but with a lot of changes whilst one or two outcomes see them being dissolved and being phoenix-ed under another banner.

Each outcome sees creditors in some ways not being paid fully or at all and so their commitment to WAFL football will be sorely tested.

There will be some who think that the WAFC should just pay the debts out in full and then work from there, others will not like that and want the pound of flesh for the situation.

Personally I would like to see WP continue as is with perhaps WP trading as Joondalup ******, with a debt repayment process put in place with a finite period.

Good luck today.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156020

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Sounds almost certain a lot of people will be walking away empty handed.

They have a new WAFC approved board ready to take control apparently.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156024

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Best of Luck today Cardies supporters and members..

I would just like to see some transparency and accountability and penalties imposed to the individual/s who have been implicated in this fiasco. If going on past record of the WAFC it will be placed in the too hard to handle basket....

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156026

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
For the sake of the players, supporters, volunteers and those associated with the club who had nothing to do with incurring the debt I hope the club continues to exist...but to those responsible for this situation, you should be banned from holding any position at any footy club ever again. I'm also disappointed the decision was made to place the club in administration instead of trying to work your way through it and eventually pay everyone out in full. If $200k+ could be raised in a few weeks then surely $800k would not be out of the question over several months.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156027

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote: For the sake of the players, supporters, volunteers and those associated with the club who had nothing to do with incurring the debt I hope the club continues to exist...but to those responsible for this situation, you should be banned from holding any position at any footy club ever again. I'm also disappointed the decision was made to place the club in administration instead of trying to work your way through it and eventually pay everyone out in full. If $200k+ could be raised in a few weeks then surely $800k would not be out of the question over several months.

That and more if you have are a greek football club with a greek rabbi in parliament!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156028

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You got that right Grump....$3m distributed amongst the non-aligned clubs including EP now that's done and dusted would be very handy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156037

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: For the sake of the players, supporters, volunteers and those associated with the club who had nothing to do with incurring the debt I hope the club continues to exist...but to those responsible for this situation, you should be banned from holding any position at any footy club ever again. I'm also disappointed the decision was made to place the club in administration instead of trying to work your way through it and eventually pay everyone out in full. If $200k+ could be raised in a few weeks then surely $800k would not be out of the question over several months.

Pretty much how I see it as well, have to say it was a low key turn out from them at Fremantle Oval Saturday, given the situation would of thought it would of been bigger.

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156062

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting insight on what other clubs have done to survive.

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/the-tuesday-wa...rouble-ng-b88949203z

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156069

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Does anyone know what time the creditors meeting kicks off?

D day for WP 5 years 7 months ago #156071

• chaddy22
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Bazza wrote: Interesting insight on what other clubs have done to survive.

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/the-tuesday-wa...rouble-ng-b88949203z

More then interesting it is very insightful and I agree with JT..

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 177 guests and 5 members online

• TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Swedgen
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric