Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subiaco Oval Demolished 5 years 7 months ago #156047

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote: Hey BC , what is the story with the now defunct Subi FC building at Subi Oval , its it now totally empty, they were still using it for functions etc right up till recently, I take it since last AFL game day its all closed up...also who owns it and the land.

Didn't Subi have some set up whereby the "sportsmans club" was a separate entity to the football club?

Bazz... I go past it every work day in the train and it was still being used up to a week or so ago for what looks like seminars and the like during the week. I'm not sure what is happening in the future or whether they'll continue to make it available to corporates until its demolished. SFC owns the building but not the land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subiaco Oval Demolished 5 years 7 months ago #156051

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
i find it hard to believe that anyone could genuinely espouse the benefits of Basso Oval for a centre piece. Drive into and through Joondy and it's vibrant and modern. Drive through Basso/Midland............ No contest.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Subiaco Oval Demolished 5 years 7 months ago #156063

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

Beasley Hutton wrote: I would love to have the controls of the bulldozer that ultimately bowls over the $ubi bar and the grandstand where the seats deal was unbelievably allowed to take place for more than 15 years by the WAFC and that despite also receiving a compensation package to leave the place!

I understand from a very good source that it is (fortunately) very difficult for an irrational person to get a dozer driver's ticket these days.

Subiaco Oval Demolished 5 years 7 months ago #156111

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Beasley Hutton wrote: I would love to have the controls of the bulldozer that ultimately bowls over the $ubi bar and the grandstand where the seats deal was unbelievably allowed to take place for more than 15 years by the WAFC and that despite also receiving a compensation package to leave the place!

To be honest Beas, you’d be better driving the dozer through the old ramshackle grandstand at basso oval. Then if you cried “broke”, the ATO could build you a new one. :P
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 352 guests and one member online

• Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977