Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155210

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Shark58: just think of all the flags you have won -- especially the one in 1985.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155216

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

58shark wrote: I find it hard to congratulate Subi, coz I’m dirty rotten, filthy JEALOUS. :angry: :P

58 there is a reason this has never happens b4.A few Subi league injuries in the early finals.Elevates ressies up to league and then colts up to ressies.Won't affect the league side but will hurt the ress/colts sides.

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155311

• jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
BC noted here ozfooty.net/joomla16/index.php?option=co...limitstart=20#155256 that EP finished top in 3 grades in 1967.

However, there was good news and bad news. According to Wiki they won 3 flags that year - the magoos, colts and 4ths, but lost lost the league to Perth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Perth_Football_Club

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155320

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
From my extremely biased East Perth point of view, Jack, it would've been great to've won all four grand finals in 1967.
Just as Perth see 1978 as the one that got away, EP thinks the same about 1976 and particularly 1967.
The Royals' league team finished four games clear of the Demons, but lost form at the wrong time of the year.
In fact, EP lost three games in five weeks to Perth (Round 20, second semi and granny).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155322

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Talking about History , the 2018 Bernie Naylor Medalists was won by Tyler keitel and Andrew Strijk....its the first time in HISTORY that two joint winners are from the same club!
How cool is that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155325

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Falcon wrote: Talking about History , the 2018 Bernie Naylor Medalists was won by Tyler keitel and Andrew Strijk....its the first time in HISTORY that two joint winners are from the same club!
How cool is that!

With a paltry 43 goals too Falc.....a very sad state of football affairs for those of us who pine for the days of the 100+ goal a year full forwards I grew up with!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155327

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Falcon wrote: Talking about History , the 2018 Bernie Naylor Medalists was won by Tyler keitel and Andrew Strijk....its the first time in HISTORY that two joint winners are from the same club!
How cool is that!

With a paltry 43 goals too Falc.....a very sad state of football affairs for those of us who pine for the days of the 100+ goal a year full forwards I grew up with!

It was the power midfielders which sadly arnt in the wafl anymore BH.Ralph had a strong lead and beautiful kick.85% of his marks where on his chest from the midfielders.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155328

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

How cool is that!

With a paltry 43 goals too Falc.....a very sad state of football affairs for those of us who pine for the days of the 100+ goal a year full forwards I grew up with![/quote

You can't kick too many goals when there is no-one in the forward line.

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155329

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
GTR & 42 and isnt the game poorer for both of your points?
Ric from Waflfootyfacts will confirm for me but I reckon approx 80 years ago in the 1930s the WAFL had 5 or 6 centurions in the one season and today the Leagues Leading Goalkicker has kicked a paltry 43 goals...oh to go back in time when Full Forwards and Forward Lines in general were actually encouraged by attacking minded coaches unlike todays football!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

For the Historians 5 years 7 months ago #155330

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: GTR & 42 and isnt the game poorer for both of your points?
Ric from Waflfootyfacts will confirm for me but I reckon approx 80 years ago in the 1930s the WAFL had 5 or 6 centurions in the one season and today the Leagues Leading Goalkicker has kicked a paltry 43 goals...oh to go back in time when Full Forwards and Forward Lines in general were actually encouraged by attacking minded coaches unlike todays football!

It is epitomised in the "player first" philosophy which encapsulates the credo of its all about me. It can be summarised in one word: selfishness.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 353 guests and one member online

• The Major

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA