Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155109

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Been following footy long time, seen them at the bottom a few times , but this is without doubt the worst i have ever known them to be, totally uncompetative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155120

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Bazza wrote: Been following footy long time, seen them at the bottom a few times , but this is without doubt the worst i have ever known them to be, totally uncompetative.

Though you did'nt witness the game today Bazza, you are right this is our lowest point. Obviously not just today but the last 2 seasons. Good to see our reserves prevent Souths reserves from playing in the finals - a positive start to the day. From a league point of view though - diabolical. I think Rob Wiley hopped in his car at 3QRT time and drove home. No doubt deliriously happy that this horrible saga has finally come to an end for him. But for those left behind and that love the EFFC we can only hope that things turn around sharpish.

Last edit: by Ti Em.

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155122

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Im glad you took some solace about knocking us out of the reserves finals, but I reckon that is just a fraction of what I have taken to see you claim the spoon and get pumped on a regular basis at a senior level.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155123

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Naagh EF were way worse under the helm of Ken Smith TBH Bazza.......those days were just as dark and uncompetitive......Mad Monday here we come.....tho been like that for a while now........

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155124

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Right you are Bazza - though you did miss out on todays pumping. I think from the receiving of pumpings point of view i am starting to build some tolerance to it. Which is not good - the worm will turn though, I just hope soon.

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155125

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39

Freezin wrote: Naagh EF were way worse under the helm of Ken Smith TBH Bazza.......those days were just as dark and uncompetitive......Mad Monday here we come.....tho been like that for a while now........

When did Ken Smith coach EF?....and who was Ken Smith?

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155129

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: Naagh EF were way worse under the helm of Ken Smith TBH Bazza.......those days were just as dark and uncompetitive......Mad Monday here we come.....tho been like that for a while now........

No this is far worse. We are 20 years from our last flag. In 1981 we could look back to 79 and also a change of fortune was soon to come. Of course who knows what the future will bring but i feel we are along way from premiership glory at the moment.

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155130

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Don’t really agree freeze. As bad as smith, Wilcox and Dunbar were, I can’t remember feeling this despondent in over 60 yrs of following our once great club. At least back then, I always felt things were going to improve despite these knobs, but I can’t see a way out of this for quite sometime. Well, I guess hope springs eternal.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155131

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
The comp is a totally different entity from back then Ti Em.....EF aren't the only WAFL club 20 years away from another flag mate.....can think of a few others.....hopefully the only positive to come out of this year is that EF shed a lot of dead weight in terms of personnel on and off the park that are actually holding this club back.....big ask I know....gonna be an interesting off season in comings and goings before 2019.....

Is this the lowest time in the history of the EFFC 5 years 7 months ago #155132

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

oobisoobi wrote:

When did Ken Smith coach EF?....and who was Ken Smith?

Ken Smith coached East Fremantle to seventh in 1981, oobisoobi, following in the footsteps of Brad Smith (1979-80).
I'm not sure if he was the Ken (Kenneth William) Smith who played 15 games for East Perth (1972-74), the Ken (Kenneth Gifford) Smith who played 19 games for South Fremantle (1970-71), or the Ken (Kenneth Alexander) Smith who played 47 games for West Perth (1968-71).
From memory, he was too young to be the Ken (Kenneth John) Smith who played for Perth in the 1950s or the Ken (Kenneth Albert) Smith who played for East Freo in the 1940s.
Ric Gauci's Footy Facts website certainly has a lot of good WAFL info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 312 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes