Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154774

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Strong rumour on the grapevine that Footy Radio are getting booted from WAFL coverage nxt yr by the wafc as they are unhappy with the unprofessional quality of the calling and dishonest conduct & treatment of calling & production staff. I wonder what went down??
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Swandog.

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154777

• westaussieguy
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

Swandog wrote: Strong rumour from a radio source that Footy Radio are getting booted from WAFL coverage nxt yr by the wafc as they are unhappy with the unprofessional quality of the calling and dishonest conduct & treatment of calling & production staff. I wonder what went down??

Bloody hell SD! Let us all hope it's only a rumour!
The Footy radio broadcasts I've heard have been good. I know sometimes there previously has been a low audio volume issue, surely that can be rectified.
Have found it strange that Footy radio only cover one game nowadays on match day, whereas they covered all the matches before. Obviously they have scaled operations down for some reason?
Just can't afford to lose it.
What happens when it's gone??? There will be no coverage whatsoever in the rural areas!!
If the rumour is true, we've gone from Footy radio being a brilliant idea to something that's gone terribly pear-shaped all of a sudden for some reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: macro

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154780

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Who is replacing them?

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154783

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

westaussieguy wrote:

Swandog wrote: Strong rumour from a radio source that Footy Radio are getting booted from WAFL coverage nxt yr by the wafc as they are unhappy with the unprofessional quality of the calling and dishonest conduct & treatment of calling & production staff. I wonder what went down??

Bloody hell SD! Let us all hope it's only a rumour!
The Footy radio broadcasts I've heard have been good. I know sometimes there previously has been a low audio volume issue, surely that can be rectified.
Have found it strange that Footy radio only cover one game nowadays on match day, whereas they covered all the matches before. Obviously they have scaled operations down for some reason?
Just can't afford to lose it.
What happens when it's gone??? There will be no coverage whatsoever in the rural areas!!
If the rumour is true, we've gone from Footy radio being a brilliant idea to something that's gone terribly pear-shaped all of a sudden for some reason.

Disappointing for those who accessed the broadcasts and disappointing for the young callers who may have been involved in providing this service. One can only wonder how better performed G Taylor and the WAFC could be in promoting the WAFL.

What is stunning is that when you compare the current federal government and the WAFC the current federal government looks more competent.

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154804

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Swandog wrote: Strong rumour on the grapevine that Footy Radio are getting booted from WAFL coverage nxt yr by the wafc as they are unhappy with the unprofessional quality of the calling and dishonest conduct & treatment of calling & production staff. I wonder what went down??

Are the WAFC on a bonus scheme to have the WAFL ended asap mate?

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154827

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote: Who is replacing them?

Not sure, but they haven't paid the commentators for calls so far and it is getting messy. They were supposed to do footage too I heard but the quality was poor so Taylor quashed it.
A shame because it has potential if run properly.
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154828

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
SD: I don't think the technology is good enough -- 'footy radio', the census, the soccer world cup -- anything which has a big subscription crashes; same thing has happened to the WAFL website at times past too -- finals.

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154831

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Maybe Gavin Taylor should look in a mirror and sack the person he can see.

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154835

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Surprised ABC Radio are still covering it, only just they are mainly AFL now.

Footy Radio getting the boot 5 years 7 months ago #154836

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: SD: I don't think the technology is good enough -- 'footy radio', the census, the soccer world cup -- anything which has a big subscription crashes; same thing has happened to the WAFL website at times past too -- finals.

Optus World Cup

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 472 guests and 3 members online

• westaussieguy
  • TheRock
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes