Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154491

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I urge all WAFL supporters to read the links below and indicate whether the WAFL could survive if they are implemented.

Mid-season draft proposal:

www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/weak-teams-m...20180818-p4zybe.html

www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/prominent-ag...20180817-p4zy1g.html
Colts' changes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154494

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I would have thought the Wafl clubs wishing to keep the good players, instead of losing them somewhere? How would losing them be beneficial to a club and/or the competition?
Sadly the Wafl is currently at a low ebb. Cannot see the article improving anything.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154496

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

westaussieguy wrote: I would have thought the Wafl clubs wishing to keep the good players, instead of losing them somewhere? How would losing them be beneficial to a club and/or the competition?
Sadly the Wafl is currently at a low ebb. Cannot see the article improving anything.

wag of course it doesn't do anything to the WAFL other than to ensure the extinction of the WAFL.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154511

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42 it won't happen

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154514

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
How are the WAFL colts separated from the WAFL?.....EF had 9 colts boys in their reserves side on Sat, one colts boy in the league side and 4 of EF colts boys were dropped from the EF league side to the EF colts side this weekend......couldn't happen if EF colts weren't connected to the EFFC....surely?......

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154515

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I didn't want to give a straight answer of no.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154516

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: How are the WAFL colts separated from the WAFL?.....EF had 9 colts boys in their reserves side on Sat, one colts boy in the league side and 4 of EF colts boys were dropped from the EF league side to the EF colts side this weekend......couldn't happen if EF colts weren't connected to the EFFC....surely?......

Read the article.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154533

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Backbone enough to register two new Joondalup names for clubs to sprout from I am reading

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154584

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I don't have a problem with it as long as clubs are adequately compensated. I have no idea how the system of payments for draftees came into place but its about time that the state league teams were better compensated.

So yes, it would be nice for the WAFC to grow a pair should this happen.

I guess this is one reason why they want to separate the colts from the WAFL because then where does the money paid for a draftee go? Back to the WAFC? Great!

However in a future where the colts are separate from the WAFL and an AFL club chases a mature age WAFL listed and contracted player - the club presidents need to be strong and demand more for their investment in a player.

Will the WAFC find a back bone? 5 years 8 months ago #154586

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

alahoy wrote: I don't have a problem with it as long as clubs are adequately compensated. I have no idea how the system of payments for draftees came into place but its about time that the state league teams were better compensated.

So yes, it would be nice for the WAFC to grow a pair should this happen.

I guess this is one reason why they want to separate the colts from the WAFL because then where does the money paid for a draftee go? Back to the WAFC? Great!

However in a future where the colts are separate from the WAFL and an AFL club chases a mature age WAFL listed and contracted player - the club presidents need to be strong and demand more for their investment in a player.

The WAFC have already changed it so the WAFL club gets 1 cent less than 1 cent of the draft fee.

With respect to the mid-season draft: could you imagine the impact of your chances of winning a grand final if you lose your number one player in the middle of the year?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 770 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977