Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151927

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I guess one good point. It's looking likely that Claremont and Perth will join the top three teams in the top part of the league ladder? If we have 5 of the Wafl clubs in the Finals (instead of the pretenders), maybe the Finals can attract better attendances?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151928

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

westaussieguy wrote: I guess one good point. It's looking likely that Claremont and Perth will join the top three teams in the top part of the league ladder? If we have 5 of the Wafl clubs in the Finals (instead of the pretenders), maybe the Finals can attract better attendances?

WAG I think there is still a possibility that one if not both of the two aligned clubs can make it, with EP the more favoured as they have a game in hand and a superior percentage.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151936

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It would be bloody refreshing to see 5 Wafl clubs in the Finals.
Going to be a bit tough for Claremont, as they’ll hit a brick wall this week and then have a Bye. One would give Perth a good chance of winning this coming fixture in their Away game at Leederville. They also have a Bye the week after. Sadly the East Frem v’s Swan Districts match has no bearing. West Perth will take the four points in their match.
The fixtured weeks of 19 and 20 are going to be most interesting. Claremont and Perth having sat out the Bye in the 18th Fixture. They both play each other in week 19 at Lathlain which should be the match of the day.
Will be a tough ask for Perth in weeks 20 and 21, and they are Away games too. Claremonts last 2 regular matches are more favourable.
Although Perth gave Subi a good run for their money in a previous match. You never know I suppose. Both Claremont and Perth need to keep powering on. I realise that is easier said than done when one views the remaining schedule. Having a Bye each doesn’t help either.
I think percentages are going to be important at the end of the qualifying fixtures.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151938

• chaddy22
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

swan42 wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: I guess one good point. It's looking likely that Claremont and Perth will join the top three teams in the top part of the league ladder? If we have 5 of the Wafl clubs in the Finals (instead of the pretenders), maybe the Finals can attract better attendances?

WAG I think there is still a possibility that one if not both of the two aligned clubs can make it, with EP the more favoured as they have a game in hand and a superior percentage.

I suspect if perth can beat east perth they will have enough wins to make the finals.I doubt both east perth and peel will make the finals.The key for both is that they have to play each other twice in the last 4 rounds and both games are at mandurah so I favour peel will make the finals and east perth won't..Unless Claremont can pinch a unlikey win in the last few rounds they may miss out.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151945

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

BC wrote: pretty interesting stuff...Subi by far the best attendances...I guess that throws some perceptions on here out the window.

Take out the 6k crowd vs WP in the free admittance International game and you would be right back where you always are near the bottom of the pile in attendances.....and this from a team that has barely lost a game in 5 years could you imagine how big the WAFL crowds would be if SD (who are 2nd averaging nearly 2k despite YET ANOTHER piss poor season), Perth or WP had won 90% of their games in a 5 year period?...we might not be worried about the future of the WAFL if that were the case!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151951

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Let me point out that there has been a downward trend of attendances at the WAFL in the past few years. As I pointed out to BC in 2018 we have one club that has an average attendance of 2,000+ compared to a few years ago when we had 7 clubs averaging 2,000+ in attendance.

You can continue to fixate on my responses but in doing so you singularly fail to address the root cause(s) for this dramatic drop. Let me try to get you to focus on this damning statistic. Thus far in 2012 we had 018 of the bottom 6 clubs' attendances the highest is 1,614 (South Fremantle) 5 clubs (Claremont, East Fremantle, East Perth, Peel and Perth) have an average attendance figure of under 1,600).

In 2012 we had 7 clubs averaging more than 2,000 and Claremont had an average of 1,954.

Source:WAFL Footy facts

Last edit: by swan42.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151953

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Take the WP pom day out and the entire seasons figures are catastrophic. No surprise tbh with time and the alignement and dominance of one team.

I favour peel making finals as well, which will once again throw a massive wet blanket over the finals series, even with Perth making it , so far it seems there are not many left to come out for them.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151955

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And the downward trend in attendance figures is quite disturbing! Despite how officialdom ignore the significant decrease.
2009 was a good season and sadly has gone downhill from there. So much so in fact to last seasons dismal attendance figure which shows a minus 25.3% drop from 2009 to last season. And this current seasons crowd figures are looking poor too.
If that is not raising concerns, why not!?

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151958

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote: pretty interesting stuff...Subi by far the best attendances...I guess that throws some perceptions on here out the window.

Take out the 6k crowd vs WP in the free admittance International game and you would be right back where you always are near the bottom of the pile in attendances.....and this from a team that has barely lost a game in 5 years could you imagine how big the WAFL crowds would be if SD (who are 2nd averaging nearly 2k despite YET ANOTHER piss poor season), Perth or WP had won 90% of their games in a 5 year period?...we might not be worried about the future of the WAFL if that were the case!

Maths is not your strong point is it Einstein? Take out the 5600 from the game at Joondy and it gives Subi a total attendance of 24,240 over 12 games at an average of 2,020 which is still better than Swans average....idiot.

Last edit: by BC.

Wafl attendances to date. 5 years 9 months ago #151961

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Maths is not your strong point is it Einstein? Take out the 5600 from the game at Joondy and it gives Subi a total attendance of 24,240 over 12 games at an average of 2,020 which is still better than Swans average....idiot.

That actually pretty funny BC,

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 258 guests and 5 members online

• TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Swedgen
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric