Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151710

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
With the news today that the 34 year deal between Western Underwriters/QBE and Subi coming to the end, on top of the news that WPFC have lost around 300K in Sponsors over the last 2 years...

Dire signs ahead for WAFL clubs and cash flow, attendances are collapsing and so is revenue.

It really makes you wonder if this current format will see the next decade out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151713

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Yes it is a worry Baz. I think the deal with QBE was worth a couple of hundred grand a year which will be very hard to replace given the declining return on investment being offered to sponsors. I wonder what the geniuses at the WAFC will have to say about it as I think falling revenue from all sources for clubs is a bigger threat to the competition than the alignment, Subi's dominance or anything else.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151716

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

BC wrote: Yes it is a worry Baz. I think the deal with QBE was worth a couple of hundred grand a year which will be very hard to replace given the declining return on investment being offered to sponsors. I wonder what the geniuses at the WAFC will have to say about it as I think falling revenue from all sources for clubs is a bigger threat to the competition than the alignment, Subi's dominance or anything else.

34 years from one sponsor is outstanding though BC. Will be funny next year not seeing the QBE logo on the Subi jumper.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151718

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep..agree Mike. You can't question QBE's loyalty over the years as they were the primary reason we got out of the financial shit in 1985 when they stumped up $100k for making the GF and another $200k the following year for winning the flag....they've been with Subi ever since so no gripes from me....they've been fantastic.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151728

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: Yes it is a worry Baz. I think the deal with QBE was worth a couple of hundred grand a year which will be very hard to replace given the declining return on investment being offered to sponsors. I wonder what the geniuses at the WAFC will have to say about it as I think falling revenue from all sources for clubs is a bigger threat to the competition than the alignment, Subi's dominance or anything else.

You raised half a mill in sponsors last year apparently well over half of that was QBE.

I cannot see any one sponsor coming in with that sort of money for a WAFL club like that anymore.

Declining revenues are without doubt the biggest concern, what is the go with the 320K Subi got from Australian Sports Foundation?

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151729

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Subi will be Fine you have a 2 Million plus trust fund.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151735

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

You raised half a mill in sponsors last year apparently well over half of that was QBE.

I cannot see any one sponsor coming in with that sort of money for a WAFL club like that anymore.

Declining revenues are without doubt the biggest concern, what is the go with the 320K Subi got from Australian Sports Foundation?

No...ASF is a fund raising organisation for sporting clubs, associations and individuals. The $320k is the target set by the club to fund coaching programmes within the Subi district, to help young fellas coming on board transition from the country to the city and also to bring the old gym facility up to date. I had a look on the club's website the other day and so far only $500 had been raised so a bit to go yet.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151745

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
West Perth's problem is their stubborn refusal to embrace the Joondalup name.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151748

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Apparently we don't need to be concerned with falling Wafl attendances as much. I've heard officialdom try and tell us the you beaut wonderful commercial Wafl telecast has "plenty of television ratings". Which somehow translates into income for the clubs.
Does make one wonder when very long term sponsors walk away. However a good opportunity for others to come along.

Major Sponsors Walking away from WAFL Clubs 5 years 8 months ago #151749

• Dempsey
  • Thank you received: 18
Sorry DD, if you ignore the traditional basis upon which your club was built it will be to your peril!

If the WPFC was stupid enough to change their name I would walk away from the club and hand in my membership and so would in my estimation at least 60% of the membership!

You need to embrace your tradition and understand what it means and not try to change it!

It was bad enough changing from the Cardinals to the Falcons!

Last edit: by Dempsey.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 551 guests and one member online

• ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977