Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151474

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Grump wrote: There WAFL is in a state of flux but at least they are putting forward ideas and strategies that whilst we might not like or think will work they are at least doing something.

I know that listening to some of the more influential folk around EP one of the things they have been waiting on is a direction from the WAFC and where they see the game progressing or whatever over the next few years.

In my opinion WP have to be saved, Swans is on the right track and have been for a good few years now, Perth have the funds but there seems to be an issue with them being able to use it( it is all well and good to have the dosh but saving under the bed in a cake tin is .......) Souths will have to bail out EF in some form to enable there to be a strong Fremantle ( real Fremantle) presence. Claremont is an unknown to me so can't comment. Subiaco well it will be a case of watch and see over the next 5 years now the golden goose has fallen off the perch, that and schofield leaving will have an effect.

The biggest mistake will be to have the women taking the reserves spot, the game is appalling and sub standard.

Sorry Grump disagree, the Centurions Funds must stay and grow to ensure we don't disappear.

Is it time to start another fund, "Success Fund" - yes

I'll put in the first $20 bucks.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151494

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Grump, how many times do you have to be told? The PFC Centurions Fund is in a tightly held Trust Fund and can only be used in accordance with the provisions of that Trust Deed.
In any event, it will never be blown in a one off purchase of a flag.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151497

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

smokey wrote: Grump, how many times do you have to be told? The PFC Centurions Fund is in a tightly held Trust Fund and can only be used in accordance with the provisions of that Trust Deed.

I understand that but having a pot and not being able to access it is not of much use to you. It seems that the only way to get is in the Apocalypse is upon you.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151498

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: Correct Southerner...when WCE flagged a stand alone team when EP cancelled the alignment the other week...Rosich came out and said he didn't have a problem with it as long as Freo could do same if the alignment with Peel went pear shaped. Unless my maths is wrong, 2 stand alone AFL reserves teams and 9 WAFL teams don't go into 10.

Spot on and that's my point - 2 stand alones will mean somethings goner give, hence the preparing the ground for mergers,,,,Give it a season of the Eagles having a stand alone and the Dockers will be wanting the same, they will see the Eagles with total control of their squad training in one location with all the same staff complete management control - then there will be the dockers with a mob miles away in Mandurah in a half baked set up - London to a brick..Rosich will be planning for it already.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151499

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oobisoobi wrote: There should only be one merger and that is Fremantle FC and Peel. It should be renamed the Fremantle Dockers and moved to Cockburn., i.e. no more Peel

Yep I agree, this is the most sensible Idea.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151500

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grump wrote: There WAFL is in a state of flux but at least they are putting forward ideas and strategies that whilst we might not like or think will work they are at least doing something.

I know that listening to some of the more influential folk around EP one of the things they have been waiting on is a direction from the WAFC and where they see the game progressing or whatever over the next few years.

In my opinion WP have to be saved, Swans is on the right track and have been for a good few years now, Perth have the funds but there seems to be an issue with them being able to use it( it is all well and good to have the dosh but saving under the bed in a cake tin is .......) Souths will have to bail out EF in some form to enable there to be a strong Fremantle ( real Fremantle) presence. Claremont is an unknown to me so can't comment. Subiaco well it will be a case of watch and see over the next 5 years now the golden goose has fallen off the perch, that and schofield leaving will have an effect.

The biggest mistake will be to have the women taking the reserves spot, the game is appalling and sub standard.

All valid points, just on Claremont, they are in an excellent position with a savvy ground development and great management team, they now have the best facility in the league and a genuine road map to the future, in saying that they are smart operators and would not knock back a gift horse, if the numbers were right and a deal was done with Subi - it could be possible to form a super Western Suburbs club, complicated by Subis set up at Leederville , but if the numbers were right for both of them and the incentive was there , these two are the most enterprise savvy clubs around with some very smart business people involved.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151510

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote: Grump, how many times do you have to be told? The PFC Centurions Fund is in a tightly held Trust Fund and can only be used in accordance with the provisions of that Trust Deed.

Unlike some Clubs we will run within our means.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151511

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grump wrote:

I understand that but having a pot and not being able to access it is not of much use to you. It seems that the only way to get is in the Apocalypse is upon you.

That's the purpose of it.
Not just to spend willy nilly.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151512

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

All valid points, just on Claremont, they are in an excellent position with a savvy ground development and great management team, they now have the best facility in the league and a genuine road map to the future, in saying that they are smart operators and would not knock back a gift horse, if the numbers were right and a deal was done with Subi - it could be possible to form a super Western Suburbs club, complicated by Subis set up at Leederville , but if the numbers were right for both of them and the incentive was there , these two are the most enterprise savvy clubs around with some very smart business people involved.

Bazza I presume you have not been to Claremont Oval since the redevelopment. They have a roof that neither protects those sitting under it from the sun nor the rain. The Claremont supporters I was near when we play Claremont did not seem too enamoured with their current management.

Of the redeveloped grounds in my opinion Rushton Park is far better than Claremont Oval and Leederville.

McHenry in the West Australian 5 years 9 months ago #151518

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Bazza I presume you have not been to Claremont Oval since the redevelopment. They have a roof that neither protects those sitting under it from the sun nor the rain. The Claremont supporters I was near when we play Claremont did not seem too enamoured with their current management.

Of the redeveloped grounds in my opinion Rushton Park is far better than Claremont Oval and Leederville.

I go to Claremont Oval 3 times a week on average, its an outstanding facility and leaves other ground for dead.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 533 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020