Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151273

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I been following the Wafl religiously since primary school days of the mid to late 60's. Used to really love the Wafl and followed one of the teams with passion. Previous years of alignments were a stain on the competition. Then lo and behold all this shit gets pushed onto everyone again starting in the 2014 season!!!
The passion I once had has been extinguished. The Wafl has been a big part of my life previously. Nowadays it feels flat and like a lot of others, I've lost interest. . Not all the media, but large sections of the media nowadays don't give a toss and simply ignore it.
If the 2016 season did not ring very loud alarm bells to wake people up - can officialdom explain what will?!!
This season is simply following what's transpired since 2014 from what I can see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151281

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote: And for freezin's benefit the word should be magnificent in this topic's title. If only that was the only problem with the WAFL at this point in time.

Given the current score at Basso I expect that DW has already gone home or has resolved not to go to another WAFL game.

And I mean no disrespect to Perth supporters. You have supported your club through some very tough times and deserve some success before the end comes to the WAFL competition.

Stayed at home and cooked a feast for the missus today 42....just couldn’t get myself up for footy today and my gut feel about how it was gonna play out proved true. First time ever on a work free day footy has come 2nd to the misso...the struggle re wafl for me is real in 2018. Hope it’s just a phase.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151284

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote: And for freezin's benefit the word should be magnificent in this topic's title. If only that was the only problem with the WAFL at this point in time.

Given the current score at Basso I expect that DW has already gone home or has resolved not to go to another WAFL game.

And I mean no disrespect to Perth supporters. You have supported your club through some very tough times and deserve some success before the end comes to the WAFL competition.

Stayed at home and cooked a feast for the missus today 42....just couldn’t get myself up for footy today and my gut feel about how it was gonna play out proved true. First time ever on a work free day footy has come 2nd to the misso...the struggle re wafl for me is real in 2018. Hope it’s just a phase.

DW unfortunately I feel the same way. Even in 2016 I didn't have the feeling that there was no hope that the situation was irretrievable. Unless there is a change in direction and focus from Gavin Taylor and the WAFC the WAFL is doomed.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151285

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

DW unfortunately I feel the same way. Even in 2016 I didn't have the feeling that there was no hope that the situation was irretrievable. Unless there is a change in direction and focus from Gavin Taylor and the WAFC the WAFL is doomed.

Agreed...standard is also dropping off rapidly in my eyes which is what makes Subi look so good imo

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151288

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Agreed...standard is also dropping off rapidly in my eyes which is what makes Subi look so good imo

I suspect you may not have been supporting Swans for as long as I have but I am sure that you are well aware of our club's ups and downs so my comments aren't as a result of our poor season this year. To put the WAFL 2018 season into perspective according to Subiaco supporters have a significant injury list yet they are first and unbeaten in the league and first in the reserves and first in the colts.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151295

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
[quote="swan42" post=151288
..................according to Subiaco supporters............. [/quote]

Jeez 42, you are starting (well not really, have been for some time) to sound like a

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151296

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
nearly 5700 posts 42 and I don't think I've ever seen one that is the slightest bit positive. instead of worrying about other clubs why don't you make comment on the 10 goal flogging you copped today and what your club should do about it.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151297

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would suggest you read DW's comments and you and your club would be well advised to take note of those comments and reconcile whether your club's actions has had any impact on his impression of the current WAFL situation.

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151301

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
While swan suffers with repetitive negativity, he does have some valid points. I am at the stage of turning my back on anything WAFL because of the topsy turvey situation. AFL reserve teams, Subi with their privilidged position, WCEP that have enough money to buy flags in the future, a ridiculous fixturing and only 2 teams at this stage, that will be able to win flags in the foreseeable future. I will continue to be a paid up member of EFFC because they need every cent they can get, but I won’t bother with the WAFL. After 60 + years of following our local comp, I seriously can’t think why I should continue. When you bang your head against a brick wall, sooner or later, you going to say “ no more”.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

What a magnificence WAFL season we are having!!!!! 5 years 9 months ago #151305

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

I suspect you may not have been supporting Swans for as long as I have but I am sure that you are well aware of our club's ups and downs so my comments aren't as a result of our poor season this year. To put the WAFL 2018 season into perspective according to Subiaco supporters have a significant injury list yet they are first and unbeaten in the league and first in the reserves and first in the colts.

Since Birth in 73 and consciously since 79

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 237 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977