Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151019

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
This thread is aimmed at those whom might want to re-call a disappointting season by their own clubs, but also feel free to mention the suprising under performance at other clubs.

Subi: 71-72; 1977; 1982
SD: 1964; 1981
the monts 1979. 1980; 83-86
Old Easts: the early 1980s
WP: inconsistent as a club when I was a kid -- picked for the four in 1981 by many pundits; 1983
EP: I have commented that they could have been more successful in 1979-80 -- in general they probalbly over performmed to be fair to them
the PFC: 1984
South: 1978-79; 82-84
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Grump, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151023

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Add a few more Ark. Round 20 1975 Swans beat West Perth by 116 points.Wp went on to win the GF by 104 points.
East Freo lost 3 prelims in a row.1987-88-89.
Subi 1982..Finished 5 th 1981.And had ressies and colts in the finals.Also 2017..
East Perth are the kings of this.GF losses 1966-67-68-69-71.The only blowout in 1969.
As stated only 1 Claremont premiership in the Moss era at Claremont.And that took a super side with a bit of luck on the day.
West Perth a yo-yo club in the 1980's and 90's.Finals then 5 win seasons.
Perth after 1978 the winning culture just disappeared. After 5 flags in 12 years 2 runners up and another couple of finals tilts.
SF a couple of disappointing GF losses 1975-79-81.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151024

• Devonleigh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Was numb and gutted after the 1997 grand final (nearly got run over crossing Roberts’s road) but the season that killed me was 1984.

My eldest son was born early that year and with the Sharks doing well I was on a high.

Then the black ducks came along and spoilt the party.

Was an era when we should have won 2 out of the 3 grand finals.

Mind you I’m always thankful I wasn’t born a generation earlier to watch old east’s lose all those grand finals in the 50’s and early 60’s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151026

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Devonleigh wrote: Was numb and gutted after the 1997 grand final (nearly got run over crossing Roberts’s road) but the season that killed me was 1984.

My eldest son was born early that year and with the Sharks doing well I was on a high.

Then the black ducks came along and spoilt the party.

Was an era when we should have won 2 out of the 3 grand finals.

Mind you I’m always thankful I wasn’t born a generation earlier to watch old east’s lose all those grand finals in the 50’s and early 60’s.

We did let you win in 1965.

And freezin says:

Last edit: by swan42.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151027

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

ArkRoyal wrote: This thread is aimmed at those whom might want to re-call a disappointting season by their own clubs, but also feel free to mention the suprising under performance at other clubs.

Subi: 71-72; 1977; 1982
SD: 1964; 1981
the monts 1979. 1980; 83-86
Old Easts: the early 1980s
WP: inconsistent as a club when I was a kid -- picked for the four in 1981 by many pundits; 1983
EP: I have commented that they could have been more successful in 1979-80 -- in general they probalbly over performmed to be fair to them
the PFC: 1984
South: 1978-79; 82-84

Sheesh I would kill for a (so called) disappointing season like 1981 again AR?!
We kicked some massive scores that year and only lost to that incomparable CL side and later SF that season.

In 1964 Swans had half their side play for WA vs VIC in the middle of that season when we had barely lost a game to that point but unfortunately many of those lads were injured in that game and missed the second half of the year I have been told many a time!

From a SD perspective gee wiz where do I start............ 1986,1988,1995,2001,2002,2011,2016.*201
Also-
*1991- we were the only team to beat CL that year and where heading towards another GF match up against our old foe when that absolute cheat Phil O'Reilly sent Steven Handley off the ground half way through the last qtr leaving us one short when we were just in front of $UBI at the time in that Prelim Final
*1992- we went out in straight sets in the Finals when we should have at least played in the GF
*1993- another disappointing Finals campaign not helped by that soft flog Willet taking out Phil Narkle with an extremely high, very late, cheap shot hit thus ending his brilliant career (no sending off there tho by that maggot O'Reilly)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151029

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
1987 for me our last wooden spoon

1979 a great season but stands out as a dissapointing one.

1992 a bit the same but in smaller scale.

Generally though the club has given good value for a supporter.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151030

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Add 1989 GF as well...bloody shocker.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151037

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The most disappointing Wafl seasons for me have been 2013 to the current season.
Now we've heard one of the alignments is apparently ending, is there some hope on the horizon?
During that time we've seen really low attendances and general interest has dropped off too.
That has been the disappointment from my perspective.

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151040

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH: the prelimanary final of 1981 has always stayed with me for some reason. I was certainly supporting SD in the finals.

Yes, both little Phil Narkle and Macnish were both fine ball players. It is amazing how much aussie rules has changed over the years. The other day I saw video of a Subi game against Claremont from 1979. A Claremont fellow had the ball on the ground in a pack and was completely unloadded by a Subi player flying in from the side. Jimmy Krakeour got in a fight with half the Subi side, standding up for his Claremont mate, Keith Slater supporting Subi on the commentary. What amazed me the most about the incident was that, the umpire, having restorred order with the help of the players, gave the free-kick to Subi's Ken Bell.

Do you think BH, that you should have beaten the first EP alignment side?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Most Disappointting Seasons in the WAFL 5 years 8 months ago #151041

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
No AR we couldn’t beat a drum (let alone a footy team) at the turn of the century or Alignment Mk I, just disappointment in finishing last in those years but we almost closed the doors back then it was that dire.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 346 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes