Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150830

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Roman wrote:

58shark wrote: More to the point, 2nd to 5th up for grabs.

You gotta be joking!
2nd & 3rd spots are locks.
4th to 8th are up for grabs.

Agreed Roman, it would take a minor miracle to dislodge SF or WP from 3 and 4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150832

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Southerner wrote: 7 rounds remain - and 4th Swan Districts are separated by percentage only from 7th Mandurah
Few 8 point games coming up in the next couple of rounds for all sides
Top three skipped 12 points clear
Swans , Dees or can Claremont manage to slip in ???

Swans look cooked at the moment Southerner. I would put my money on Perth to finish 4th the way they looked today

We are imposters atm, then again so is everyone else as no one will knock $ubi over this time thats for sure

Your more than likely right SD but making a GF is a fair achievement and will give you half a sniff.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150833

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rookie draft wrote: The engraver has already etched Subiaco on the 2018 Premiership Cup.

Only interest in the comp is can Perth make the finals. I hope they do. They’ve got Subi & South in the last 2 rounds so v Peel this week and v Cl in R19 are key games. Win those 2 given they should beat EP & EF and they’re in. SD v Cl in the last round might decide the last spot. We seem to have lost the hunger after raising the cup the last 2 seasons. Shep needs to weave his magic to get the boys back on track.

:lol: :lol: :lol: RD, you havent lost your hunger, you have lost 6/7 AFL players. You got them back for a few rounds recently v SD, WP and CL and won, they have since gone and you could only kick 2 goals in a game. I wouldn't be waiting for Cam Shepherd to weave any magic, he is an imposter and hasn't has to think for 2 seasons.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150836

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What may well be the factor that settles 4th and 5th place is how many of the clubs in contention have to play Subiaco in the remaining games. For example, based on the games so far this season Swans will lose 10% as a consequence of having to play Subiaco for the third time this season. One hastened to add this is CONTRARY to what Gavin Taylor said would happen when the number of games were reduced to 18 games. Just another LIE emanating from Gavin Taylor and the WAFC.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150847

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

swan42 wrote: What may well be the factor that settles 4th and 5th place is how many of the clubs in contention have to play Subiaco in the remaining games. For example, based on the games so far this season Swans will lose 10% as a consequence of having to play Subiaco for the third time this season. One hastened to add this is CONTRARY to what Gavin Taylor said would happen when the number of games were reduced to 18 games. Just another LIE emanating from Gavin Taylor and the WAFC.

All very true Swan42 but to be honest from what I saw yesterday, the fact that Swans play Subiaco for a 3rd time is irrelevant given the way they are playing at the moment. Perth would have won by 10 goals if they had kicked straight and this is a team that is below Swans on the ladder at the moment. This was their 4th loss in a row and yesterday apart from a few brief periods there was no energy or system and the skills were appalling. Hardly the stuff of a team challenging for the top 5. Positions 4 and 5 are irelevant anyway(apart from the extra home game for the 4th team). Teams 1 - 3 are so far ahead of the others that the winner of the 4 v 5 final will be slaughtered as Swans were last year. It is very sad that there are so many mediocre inconsistent teams in the competition.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150849

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote: What may well be the factor that settles 4th and 5th place is how many of the clubs in contention have to play Subiaco in the remaining games. For example, based on the games so far this season Swans will lose 10% as a consequence of having to play Subiaco for the third time this season. One hastened to add this is CONTRARY to what Gavin Taylor said would happen when the number of games were reduced to 18 games. Just another LIE emanating from Gavin Taylor and the WAFC.

All very true Swan42 but to be honest from what I saw yesterday, the fact that Swans play Subiaco for a 3rd time is irrelevant given the way they are playing at the moment. Perth would have won by 10 goals if they had kicked straight and this is a team that is below Swans on the ladder at the moment. This was their 4th loss in a row and yesterday apart from a few brief periods there was no energy or system and the skills were appalling. Hardly the stuff of a team challenging for the top 5. Positions 4 and 5 are irelevant anyway(apart from the extra home game for the 4th team). Teams 1 - 3 are so far ahead of the others that the winner of the 4 v 5 final will be slaughtered as Swans were last year. It is very sad that there are so many mediocre inconsistent teams in the competition.

mikeh I have said for many weeks that Subiaco won't lose a game this season. So it is a moot point if we make the 5 or not. Of course I am not happy with how we have gone for the past 4 games and Perth should have been at least 6 goals in front by quarter time yesterday. We are badly missing Blakely as it has forced us to play Gault in the ruck and upset the balance in our forward line. Add the loss of Blight's drive and Ugle etc hasn't helped either.

Exacerbating this is the appalling form of Taryce Stewart. Either he is injured and shouldn't be playing or should be dropped to the ressies as his efforts yesterday to call them woeful would be flattering in the extreme. I know you have called for Faulkner to return to the league; well how did you rate his performance yesterday? I have been critical of Warwick Wilson's efforts but I thought in that respect it was one of his better efforts yesterday

This may not go down well and I acknowledge the tremendous service over many years but what can one say about Tony Notte who had the ball in our half back line (and we were behind so we needed to kick goals to win) chooses to kick the ball backwards so it is someone else's responsibility instead of showing leadership and kick the ball forward so we have a chance of scoring?

I think the time has come when some tough selections need to be made not just for this season but ongoing. I admire Faulkner's attack on the ball but he has to learn that he needs to play within the parameters of his abilities and these do not include the ability to take on the player on the mark and get forced to try an overhead hand pass which is exactly what he did in our defensive 50 m arc yesterday. I think Clutterbuck should be playing reserves next week based on his performance yesterday. Stewart should be playing reserves if not injured for the next several weeks.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150852

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

mikeh I have said for many weeks that Subiaco won't lose a game this season. So it is a moot point if we make the 5 or not. Of course I am not happy with how we have gone for the past 4 games and Perth should have been at least 6 goals in front by quarter time yesterday. We are badly missing Blakely as it has forced us to play Gault in the ruck and upset the balance in our forward line. Add the loss of Blight's drive and Ugle etc hasn't helped either.

Exacerbating this is the appalling form of Taryce Stewart. Either he is injured and shouldn't be playing or should be dropped to the ressies as his efforts yesterday to call them woeful would be flattering in the extreme. I know you have called for Faulkner to return to the league; well how did you rate his performance yesterday? I have been critical of Warwick Wilson's efforts but I thought in that respect it was one of his better efforts yesterday

This may not go down well and I acknowledge the tremendous service over many years but what can one say about Tony Notte who had the ball in our half back line (and we were behind so we needed to kick goals to win) chooses to kick the ball backwards so it is someone else's responsibility instead of showing leadership and kick the ball forward so we have a chance of scoring?

I think the time has come when some tough selections need to be made not just for this season but ongoing. I admire Faulkner's attack on the ball but he has to learn that he needs to play within the parameters of his abilities and these do not include the ability to take on the player on the mark and get forced to try an overhead hand pass which is exactly what he did in our defensive 50 m arc yesterday. I think Clutterbuck should be playing reserves next week based on his performance yesterday. Stewart should be playing reserves if not injured for the next several weeks.

Swan42 I have responded to your post on the Swans V Perth thread as we seemed to be getting away from the subject of this thread. Cheers

Last edit: by mikeh.

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150855

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Slater had food poisoning didn't he?

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150869

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
The next two weekends sees a few of the sides play off against each other - Perth v Mandurah & Swans v East Perth this week coming
Then again next week after the 3 team byes

Top 5 wide open 5 years 8 months ago #150872

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
From what I saw yesterday Perth have Peel covered I reckon. Swans chances will depend on them getting a few key players back and also how EP respond to the recent alignment announcement.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 475 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes