Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150512

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: get over it 42...AFL listed players will not be playing for their original WAFL clubs.....its not happening now and wont in the future...move on.

Exactly, like on a few issues, he's delusional, the old set up is not returning, there are only two possibilities,
1. another Wafl club takes it up, ( immediate solution ) or 2, a stand alone WCE WAFL side, ( favoured by the WCE).

This should be seen as a chance for the WAFL to re think its future, and that includes what peel is all about, if the eagles go for stand alone then peel would be better to drop the façade and fully become the Wafl dockers corporately and in appearance. Ditch games in Mandurah and play them in Cockburn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150513

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It could actually be in the majority of the Wafl clubs interests for another club to take up an alignment, all the WAFC needs to do is mention a 50% reduction in Compo payments and all of a sudden the dynamics change, as we have seen in the past the WAFL clubs soon buckle when pressure is applied they have a shocking history ( not every club) of folding when the pressure come on.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150514

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
“This should be seen as a chance for the WAFL to re think its future”. But there is no WAFL, only the WAFC. WAFL is purely the name of the competition. The future is in the hands of the WAFC.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150517

• Champ Kinds
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
What I think will happen

The WCE will get their stand alone team. When have they ever not gotten what they wanted.
They will not have a Reserves or Colt side.
They will play for points and have the ability to make finals. Not that they will, as per the SA model.
They will recruit from the amateurs and country comps. This will morph into them poaching older players form other clubs and ex AFL players.
They will play the other teams in place of the current byes. This will hopefully increase gate and bar takings for the other clubs and give WAFL supporters a chance to see their club play every week.

Not saying this is right or I agree but this is what I think will happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150520

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Champ Kinds wrote: What I think will happen

The WCE will get their stand alone team. When have they ever not gotten what they wanted.
They will play for points and have the ability to make finals. Not that they will, as per the SA model.
They will recruit from the amateurs and country comps. This will morph into them poaching older players form other clubs and ex AFL players.

They will play the other teams in place of the current byes. This will hopefully increase gate and bar takings for the other clubs and give WAFL supporters a chance to see their club play every week.

If no other club picks up the host club arrangement then I agree this is the likely outcome, lot to work through though. Does the stand alone Crows side field reserves and colts?

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150521

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Eagles and Freo should both get stand alone teams.

This would leave 11 teams playing the other 10 teams twice for 20 weeks of footy and no stupid byes or fixtures.

However the Eagles and Dockers would be playing in an alternative Competition. Something like The Chevron Cup.

When Perth for example play South Freo they would be playing for WAFL Premiership points. When Perth play against The Eagles they would be playing for Chevron Cup points.

This would see the 9 WAFL teams play the other 8 WAFL teams twice for a 16 round season and a top 5.

Their other 4 games would be played in the Chevron Cup. 2 against the Eagles and 2 against the Dockers.

You can see from the above that the 2 AFL teams would also get their 20 games 18 against the 9 WAFL teams and 2 against the other AFL affiliated team.

The beauty I see in this is that all 9 WAFL and the 2 AFL teams now get 20 games and because they're in different competitions the integrity of the WAFL is not infringed by allowing AFL affiliated teams to win the WAFL Premiership.

Big prizes for winning the Chevron Cup.

Top up players for both AFL teams to come from above 28 years of age.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Last edit: by Time For a Flag.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150522

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

If no other club picks up the host club arrangement then I agree this is the likely outcome, lot to work through though. Does the stand alone Crows side field reserves and colts?

Crows do not have a reserves or colts.Crows do not host home games.Whoever they play is where the game is played at.If we follow this model it would mean all traditional wafl clubs would have one more home game each.The crows do play a country game against port Adelaide.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150526

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yep good post , I can see all that happening in 2 yrs. The eagles stand alone not having a home ground is a good idea, a moratorium on poaching players from WAFL clubs should also apply.

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150529

• Dempsey
  • Thank you received: 18
A ten team competition is the best solution, with each team playing the other twice.

Fill the vacant reserves team vacancy with an invitation for the A Grade Amateur premiership team from 2018! They would be more than competitive!

What should happen now 5 years 9 months ago #150531

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
WCE have their own side with no colts or ressies. PFC maintains a list of 80 and those who do not get a game of league or ressies for PFC released to WCE.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 265 guests and 3 members online

• Swedgen
  • DD
  • gtrxuone

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog