Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149384

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Love listening to Percy wish we got to listen to him more often but he's not getting any younger I guess. If he was a younger man and on any of these Victorian footy shows he would put Sam Newman in his shadow and be must watch television every week and be a ratings winner and he would tear those Victorians a new one.

Have a listen to this, his very last comment was an absolute classic. In reference to Ross Lyon "And if the coach is picking his teeth while his side is being slaughtered then he ought to go and do something else".

Absolute Gold :lol:

www.sportfm.com.au/20180606_percy_johnson.mp3
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149386

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
I know he’s popular with most on this site but I can’t stand him. Well past his use by date. Out of touch with the modern game. Biased towards Swans. Always comments on games he hasn’t seen. Anti AFL. Makes it up as he goes along.

Just look at the ridiculous comments he made in this recording from Monday week. Swans for Grand Final lol, bagged the Fark out of Lyon & Freo and they beat last years grand finalist 6 days later. Gave Keunen a huge wrap and he gets towelled up by a 20 year old rookie the next week in Strnadica. The Johnson comment about should get a game.....plzzz turn it up.

Sorry - He’s had his day time to move him on.

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149388

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193

DD wrote: Love listening to Percy wish we got to listen to him more often but he's not getting any younger I guess. If he was a younger man and on any of these Victorian footy shows he would put Sam Newman in his shadow and be must watch television every week and be a ratings winner and he would tear those Victorians a new one.

Have a listen to this, his very last comment was an absolute classic. In reference to Ross Lyon "And if the coach is picking his teeth while his side is being slaughtered then he ought to go and do something else".

Spot on - Percy doesn't have to conform to the standard tripe dished up by some johnny come lately fantasy competition run by Victorians for Victorians and says it as it really is.
Onya Percy

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149389

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

DD wrote: Love listening to Percy wish we got to listen to him more often but he's not getting any younger I guess. If he was a younger man and on any of these Victorian footy shows he would put Sam Newman in his shadow and be must watch television every week and be a ratings winner and he would tear those Victorians a new one.

Haha , I normally take old Perc with a pinch of salt, but he was pretty spot on about the Derby and the state of EFFC and he is one eyed EF bloke.
Likewise with his comments about the dockers and the teeth picking, although he was off track about Johnson the blokes finished.

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149392

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rookie draft wrote: I know he’s popular with most on this site but I can’t stand him. Well past his use by date. Out of touch with the modern game. Biased towards Swans. Always comments on games he hasn’t seen. Anti AFL. Makes it up as he goes along.

Just look at the ridiculous comments he made in this recording from Monday week. Swans for Grand Final lol, bagged the Fark out of Lyon & Freo and they beat last years grand finalist 6 days later. Gave Keunen a huge wrap and he gets towelled up by a 20 year old rookie the next week in Strnadica. The Johnson comment about should get a game.....plzzz turn it up.

Sorry - He’s had his day time to move him on.

With the greatest of respect I have no idea what age you are; but the assumption would be not very old. If the AFL Commissioners and the WAFC had a thousandth of a percent the passion the PJ had then the WAFL and other second tier competitions throughout Australia would be thriving.

PJ has forgotten more about footy than the vast majority of people involved in footy know about footy. As for being "out of touch with modern footy" more kudos for that. Would this be the same modern footy that the AFL are having meetings to try to fix?

You have absolutely no idea of how much he contributes in 2018. It would be outstanding for a person in his forties; let alone someone in their mid-eighties.

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149394

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Still a very insightful man when it comes to footy. Enjoyed the invterview

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149396

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Yes I enjoy listening to Percy's comments also. I download the Wafl stuff and listen during the week. If more people listened, perhaps footy wouldn't be in the pickle it currently is. Percy is always a great listen and thank-you to SportFM for supporting the Wafl

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149399

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Just listened to Percy.
Pure gold and and spot on.
I must say he knows a bit more about football than Mr RD.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149400

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Hmmm looks like the spot on the mark criticism of Freo by Perc really upset RD....I wonder why? :whistle:

Percy Johnson Gold 5 years 10 months ago #149402

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
What did Perc think about them beating the Crows , gotta admit that was some sort of freak result.,

I notice a few have tipped Carlton this week.. weird...

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 467 guests and 3 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL