Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149254

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I was sooking in my beer Saturday night after another annihalation and decided to look back at the last time we were in this diabolical situation. I googled up wafl results in 1980, 81, 82, 83, then 84. It didn’t look any better then than it does in 2017/18. I remember that back then, we had Ron Alexander and hope. Will Wiley become another big Ron? Not looking like it atm.
A couple of big things that showed how far West Aussie footy has fallen was the huge scores kicked and the size of the crowds. 20k PER GAME wasn’t unusual and 20 to 30 goals were kicked on many occasions. I’d forgotten how good football in WAFL really was. Sad to say we’ll never see that again.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149255

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876
Hence why many of us always hark on about that incomparable era of WAFL footy 58 as it shites over the current over hyped Vic biased crap especially!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149260

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

58shark wrote: I was sooking in my beer Saturday night after another annihalation and decided to look back at the last time we were in this diabolical situation. I googled up wafl results in 1980, 81, 82, 83, then 84. It didn’t look any better then than it does in 2017/18. I remember that back then, we had Ron Alexander and hope. Will Wiley become another big Ron? Not looking like it atm.
A couple of big things that showed how far West Aussie footy has fallen was the huge scores kicked and the size of the crowds. 20k PER GAME wasn’t unusual and 20 to 30 goals were kicked on many occasions. I’d forgotten how good football in WAFL really was. Sad to say we’ll never see that again.

I dont think effc were that bad in the early 80s. Compared to now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, Ti Em

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149261

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Beasley Hutton wrote: Hence why many of us always hark on about that incomparable era of WAFL footy 58 as it shites over the current over hyped Vic biased crap especially!

Well said BH.
Couldn't have put it any better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149262

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
shark58: I would rate the early 1980s worse because those sides did have some ability and still played poorly. Cross your fingers that the club gets back some players from the AFL in a group in future years.

I was thinking about that 1986 game against Hawthorn the other day; we did lose eventually, but had Buckenara had our jumper on instead of theirs, we would almost certainly have won the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjim, gtrxuone

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149265

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925
Them were the days.....

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149266

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Bazza wrote:

58shark wrote: I was sooking in my beer Saturday night after another annihalation and decided to look back at the last time we were in this diabolical situation. I googled up wafl results in 1980, 81, 82, 83, then 84. It didn’t look any better then than it does in 2017/18. I remember that back then, we had Ron Alexander and hope. Will Wiley become another big Ron? Not looking like it atm.

I dont think effc were that bad in the early 80s. Compared to now.

This is the worse East Fremantle side I have ever seen and I am old enough to remember 1980-81-82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

WAFL pre VFL Days 5 years 10 months ago #149270

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 133

ArkRoyal wrote: shark58: I would rate the early 1980s worse because those sides did have some ability and still played poorly. Cross your fingers that the club gets back some players from the AFL in a group in future years.

I was thinking about that 1986 game against Hawthorn the other day; we did lose eventually, but had Buckenara had our jumper on instead of theirs, we would almost certainly have won the game.

I believe there was very little difference between the best of the WAFL and the VFL in those days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 217 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest