Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149005

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Cheers Ric

I've said it before but what a wonderful resource your website is for WAFL footy. Your work is much appreciated by all footy fans and you are helping keep the history and legacy of our great competition alive into the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: waflfootyfacts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149018

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

mikeh wrote: Cheers Ric

I've said it before but what a wonderful resource your website is for WAFL footy. Your work is much appreciated by all footy fans and you are helping keep the history and legacy of our great competition alive into the future.

Agree there mikeh great work again by Ric
I was thinking about the game S vs EP in 1976 which I think was Colin Williams last game for Subi where he broke the games record at the time previously held by Austin Robertson ( subsequently beaten by Neil Taylor ) where EP kicked 10 goals to our 9 in the third quarter before we kicked another 6 in the last quarter. One of only 4 wins for the season for us but a good one!

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149033

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I vaguely recall that Perth beat Subiaco at Lathlain a couple of years ago on a really dirty day ( weather wise) at Lathlain. I'm pretty sure Subiaco would have been top and Perth near the bottom, 2014 or 2015 perhaps? Maybe Ric or a Perth Supporter can fill in the details

Last edit: by mikeh.

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149034

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

mikeh wrote: Cheers Ric

No worries Mike thanks again for the kind words. My wife is away at the moment so i had a bit of time to do some run a few queries to get that data from my database - haha.

I think it would be good to upload that info on to my site, so i’ll add last place wins over 1st place to my site, probably in the ladders section. Cheers. Ric

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149035

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

mikeh wrote: I vaguely recall that Perth beat Subiaco at Lathlain a couple of years ago on a really dirty day ( weather wise) at Lathlain. I'm pretty sure Subiaco would have been top and Perth near the bottom, 2014 or 2015 perhaps? Maybe Ric or a Perth Supporter can fill in the details

They sure did 2016 so not that long ago waflfootyfacts.net/season/games/stats.php?GameID=9534

I like most Swans supporters have removed 2016 from memory...

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149060

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

waflfootyfacts wrote: Another one...
1978 R17 Swans 18.17 (125) def Perth 9.13 (67) Coming into this game Swans had lost the last 7 against Perth by an average of 64 points - Swans were 8th with a 1-15 record whilst Perth were 1st with a 12-4 record. Before this match the head to head record was Perth 93 Swans 34 (2 draws) and since then its been Perth 38 Swans 78 (1 draw). This was the start of Swans record 17 game winning streak against the Demons., which ended in the upset that BH mentioned earlier. This 1978 game is also the biggest winning margin for a last place side beating a 1st place side.

waflfootyfacts.net/season/games/stats.php?GameID=6094

Swans had 20 wins in a row against Subi at the same time. As a result, by 1984 Swans were in the black regarding a W/L record against a single club...not the case now of course!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Massive upsets 5 years 10 months ago #149069

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
don't forget the 1979 game against Claremont

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 400 guests and 2 members online

• chaddy22
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric