Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nyoongar Footy Magic 5 years 10 months ago #148972

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Great story on Cabes.From the early days in Narrogin to his CC of Ep in 1978.And then the tractor accident. Think he had another few years in him as a player/Coach.

I tend to agree mate if it wasnt for that horrific tractor accident on his Orange Grove farm which shredded his leg apart I reckon Cabes would have continued on as a player/coach at EP (or maybe back to Perth) for a few more seasons and given the 500 game milestone a nudge.
Cabes certainly was a terrific player and a household name back then, gee wasnt that accident massive news at the time back in 79/80 even as a 5yo I remember it quite vividly.

Would of been huge if Cabes played on into the 1980's.It would of bought good players to his club .And there would of been a 4 the power Wafl club to join Cmt,SF and Swans.Ep where a good side in the early 80's but a long way off the top 3.Just watching Cabes jogging on that country road.The only thing that could of stopped him was that tractor.He wore the no7 jumper with the circle around it.The TV station sponsorship.Even his own song Gettim Going Cabes..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nyoongar Footy Magic 5 years 10 months ago #149333

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
On tonights episode the incomparable Krakouer brothers Jim & Phil are featured.
Hopefully there is plenty of footage of their Claremont days in the late 70s & early 80s as I have enjoyed some of the old WAFL highlights from the first 2 episodes featuring Polly & Cabes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Nyoongar Footy Magic 5 years 10 months ago #149335

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote: On tonights episode the incomparable Krakouer brothers Jim & Phil are featured.
Hopefully there is plenty of footage of their Claremont days in the late 70s & early 80s as I have enjoyed some of the old WAFL highlights from the first 2 episodes featuring Polly & Cabes.

Was thinking about that last week BH.Most of that footage would of been on camera film in the archives of CH7 or 2.late 70's onwards probably on betacord video.TV stations preferred beta over vhs .Who ever made the equipment still used that format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Nyoongar Footy Magic 5 years 9 months ago #149676

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Last night's episode featured former SF great and excitement machine Neil 'Nicky' Winmar.
Not sure if any other episode's are in the pipeline in the near future but one featuring the incredible Narkle brothers Keith & Phil would be good and would be much appreciated by SD supporters and WAFL fans in general.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 421 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020