Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Australian Football Hall Of Fame 4 years 9 months ago #169480

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Can anyone else remember? After his retirement from the AFL, did Ken Hunter briefly join Perth as an assistant coach to Ken Armstrong? 1992 or 1993 perhaps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Australian Football Hall Of Fame 4 years 9 months ago #169481

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Heres another example of Victorian arrogance. Would you believe some muppet put a proposal to the AFL that their historical records are incomplete and that the premierships won in the VFA prior to 1897 should be included in official records. If this was done Carlton would top the ladder with 22 "AFL" premierships!
Well the last time I checked Carlton has one AFL premiership (1995) because the AFL as a competition commenced in 1990. All of Carltons other premierships are VFL ones. Following the logic of this proposal why dont we add the 30 odd premierships that Port Adelaide have won in the SANFL to their AFL tally. That would bulge their trophy cabinet out a bit. Didnt a team called Fremantle win a few flags in the late 1800s in the old WAFA competition? What the hell lets include all of East and South Freo flags as well to add to the Dockers cabinet. I have no problem with the Victorian Football League airbrushing their history but leave the AFL out of it FFS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 326 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes