Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Umpiring 2018 5 years 11 months ago #148036

• PD1899
  • PD1899's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
I understand every supporter is passionate and as a general rule sees the game from a one eyed perspective. I have paid particular attention to umpire stats over the past few years and found one indisputable fact - the umpires pay soft free kicks in the last quarter of games to balance up the one sided free kick counts. Although I thought the umpiring was very good Perth V West Perth game, it was very clear they made up the number late in the game and the same with the Perth V East Perth game. I did not see the Tigers v Demons game today and can only base my judgement on the radio commentators who were very amused at numerous mistakes made by the so called unbiased adjudicators. All funny enough of the comments were to the detriment of the Perth team. The count at one stage of the game was 22 to 3 in favour of the Tigers and the umpires managed to bring that back in the last quarter to 27 to 15.
With this in mind I ask the following 2 questions:
1. Have others noticed this imbalance and equalizing after 3 quarter time and if so in which games?
2. Was the umpiring early in the Tigers v Demons game today bad as the radio commentary and stats made out, or was it just Perth lacking in discipline?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by PD1899.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 253 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020