Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12268

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

swan42 wrote: It does seem a bit bizarre to play the match in Northam. As for the suggestion of playing it at Leedervile - why not play it at Basso or Lathlain? Perhaps we should consider a roster system where the state game is played at each of the WAFL grounds. This would allow all clubs to gain a benefit from the gate etc.

As to the make-up of the state squad and very much tongue in cheek - why don't we just play the entire Claremont team?

Agree with ground allocations Swan42. WA v Vic is a traditonal BIG GAME that should of been played in Perth.
Dont agree with the entire CLA team of course as players have a right to play for their state even if it is a non event in Northam.
Shit shades of a Foxtel cup game really and that is all it is basically because Cla AND Swans are playing with their sides against Victorian teams and other states anyway B)
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12833

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Why is Ali Smith not in the State Squad????????
He is, perhaps, the best performed midfielder in the WAFL atm.
Webby, we know you have no love for PFC,and that is your problem, BUT, if you want to coach a WA side that will beat the VFL then here is your No. 1 midfielder.. Alistair Smith of the Perth Football Club, the Chris Judd of the WAFL.
By rights, he should not be playing WAFL footy but we at Perth are happy that he is. He should be strutting his stuff in the AFL.
Go and look at his stats, in particular his clearances.

Last edit: by smokey.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12838

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Here here Smokey.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12845

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey not knocking Ali as he is a legend but the WAFL selectors (whoever they were) seem to have gone for younger team. I am of the opinion they should look at players with the stats and performance but as has been shown in previous years they dont even look at that. Another example is a player who always burns us away and I am sure other teams being Kris Millar.. There are a couple of others who have proven that age is not a barrier and their football knowledge and skills are match winners.
We will see how the boys go in the cow paddock at Northam that the AFL refused to play on last year. Could be better now so apologies if this is the case.

Maybe we should just put CLA up against the VFL side as they have had some success in the Foxtel cup and this game is not far off that.

I for one will be watching it on TV if it is broadcast and the ABC.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12849

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Cardy Ali is only 22 and has some AFL experience albeit not a lot.

He has been sensational this year (and last year).

As Smokey has said his clearance work is unbelievable.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12859

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: Cardy Ali is only 22 and has some AFL experience albeit not a lot.

He has been sensational this year (and last year).

As Smokey has said his clearance work is unbelievable.

Shit must got him mixed up The guy I was thinking of has retired hasnt he?
200 games plus...

Yeh ok must of dropped off my Radar...Didnt they play together last year remember the ABC mentioning that. Father son or something like that.. Sorry guys to much bourbon. Went and had a look at the WAFL stats and agree he is playing well

www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2137

Last edit: by Cardy.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12866

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

smokey wrote: Why is Ali Smith not in the State Squad????????
He is, perhaps, the best performed midfielder in the WAFL atm.
Webby, we know you have no love for PFC,and that is your problem, BUT, if you want to coach a WA side that will beat the VFL then here is your No. 1 midfielder.. Alistair Smith of the Perth Football Club, the Chris Judd of the WAFL.
By rights, he should not be playing WAFL footy but we at Perth are happy that he is. He should be strutting his stuff in the AFL.
Go and look at his stats, in particular his clearances.

geez 4/1 and Ali is now Juddy jnr.......everyone is biased no doubt for their own players, the selectors can't pick everyone, look if Ali couldn't wing a game before Bomber jnr at St Kilda, then I can see why Webb didn't pick him.....quite surprised that Lyon didn't recruit the kid, when he moved from St Kilda to Freo then!.....he opted for Dawson instead ;) ......

still time for Smith to get the nod perhaps, though I reckon Bomber jnr will get the nod first! :cheer:

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12869

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Freez... usual smartarse put down. Well done.
How many Perth games did you watch last year? And how many this year?
Have you ever seen Ali Smith play?
First hand knowledge helps.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12871

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes Cardy too much bourbon, hope it was JD.

That is Ali Pickett played for Subi.

We are talking Ali Smith plays for Perth (ex Perth & St Kilda).

Should be in the squad IMHO.

Hope you haven't got too much of a hangover.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 4pm Sat May 11 10 years 11 months ago #12876

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

smokey wrote: Freez... usual smartarse put down. Well done.
How many Perth games did you watch last year? And how many this year?
Have you ever seen Ali Smith play?
First hand knowledge helps.

not a put down smokey just stating the obvious......tell me the difference between McGoughs work rate this year and Ali's?.....do you see me saying McGough is one of the best mids in the WAFL this year, but he isn't in the squad?.....take it on the chin mate....if Smith was any good Lyon or Webb would of snapped him up....but they didn't....not saying Ali aint any good or hasn't played well this year, just saying Bomber jnr played more games than Ali did at Saint Kilda and we all know how good Bomber jnr is don't we? ;) ......anyway would you want Ali to play the VFL, pull a hammy and be out for 6 weeks in a game the Vics will probably win by 10 goals....naaagh not likely......anyway good to see even with Perth's winning streak you are still as precious as usual!!...relax mate you guys really should be 5/0....you are sitting 4th with one game in hand behind EF and WP....relax and who gives a shit if Ali is playing or not.....the state game is a one off, whilst the WAFL is all season.....what's more important/

and yeah Juddy jnr will probably win the Sandover to prove your point....Mitchell won the Sandover last year and we all know how good he has been in the AFL this year....ditto Lee, ditto Krakouer....ditto Maister/Wilkes.....quite surprised Bomber jnr isn't kicking 10 each week and Bateman isn't picking up 50 possessions each week......since both fella's have 199 plus games of AFL footy under their belts!.....

Why don't you pm Webby or Lyon and state your case....perhaps get a petition going, whilst you are there, do one for Goughy and both us will be happy little campers then!!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 284 guests and 5 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync