Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #14791

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
If Hase keeps that sort of form up I can see him getting picked for the WA State Country team!
While Hase is away with WA Country team might be an ideal time to promote the chick Michelle Cowan to the SF senior coach role ...surely she couldnt do any worse!! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #14803

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

chaddy22 wrote:

swan42 wrote: Chaddy22 BH's comment vis a vis Paul Johnson and Swans was a bit tongue in cheek and an obvious dig at the host club situation.

If you are happy to have sold your sold to the devil incarnate that is your choice, but don't get too upset when a justified level of opprobrium is cast that way.

you are wrong it is not tongue in cheek.paul johnson played for us last year before the host club and was a revelation.one of the best eastern states recruits we have ever had.i would put glen robertson and john burns from the seventies in the same league.doubt he played like this when he was at swannies when he was a young pup.he has matured by being in the afl system for many years.he hasn't been at the swannies for nearly a decade so don't try to take credit for him.he is a credit to himself in playing to his best ability and i wish more eastern staters would come over with the same attitude rather then a treating thw wafl as a paid holiday.

I am not sure what you are saying about Johnson playing for the club formerly known as East Perth last year has anything to do with what BH said about Johnson and Swans. BH obviously was taking the mickey with his comment.

I am glad that you are so strident in your comments about Johnson; it will be interesting to see how he rationalises his position at the club formerly known as East Perth going forward. Obviously with the host club scenario he will be placed behind any ruckmen the Eagles select in coming drafts as well as their current allocation of ruckmen. It will be interesting to see whether he feels that being shunted back to the reserves to accomodate the Eagles is something that he is interested in doing. His situation will be mirrored I suspect by a number of players at Peel and the club formerly known as East Perth.

As a matter of interest Chaddy22 how enamoured will you be when the priority of the club is not about winning games and/or premierships but is about trying to develop players for the Eagles? Given your nom de plume I suspect you have been a long time supporter of East Perth; do you think the club made the right decision by getting into bed with the Eagles?

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #14853

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
And what about Josh Smith? Doubt the eagles will want him to be the main man once Mcgovern, Mcinnes, Tunbridge, Sinclair, Colledge and other new draftees arrive. Could be a particularly competitive recruiting period next year.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #14884

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger of old wrote: And what about Josh Smith? Doubt the eagles will want him to be the main man once Mcgovern, Mcinnes, Tunbridge, Sinclair, Colledge and other new draftees arrive. Could be a particularly competitive recruiting period next year.

I suspect, tiger of old, that there will be a constant stream of players leaving the two clubs for that reason. For example, in my opinion someone like Paul Johnson is not going to be at a club where he will be dropped to the twos because there are some 'junior' Eagles' ruckmen selected in front of him. I suspect also that the younger players who are too old to play colts and have been overlooked in the draft will be looking at opportunities at other clubs to play league footy rather than be at the mercy of the Eagles' player development regime.

There will be a third category of player who will quickly be disenchanted when they realise that the club is not interested in winning matches or participating in the finals, but rather the raison d'etre is to 'develop' Eagles' players.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15245

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

swan42 wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

swan42 wrote: Chaddy22 BH's comment vis a vis Paul Johnson and Swans was a bit tongue in cheek and an obvious dig at the host club situation.

If you are happy to have sold your sold to the devil incarnate that is your choice, but don't get too upset when a justified level of opprobrium is cast that way.

you are wrong it is not tongue in cheek.paul johnson played for us last year before the host club and was a revelation.one of the best eastern states recruits we have ever had.i would put glen robertson and john burns from the seventies in the same league.doubt he played like this when he was at swannies when he was a young pup.he has matured by being in the afl system for many years.he hasn't been at the swannies for nearly a decade so don't try to take credit for him.he is a credit to himself in playing to his best ability and i wish more eastern staters would come over with the same attitude rather then a treating thw wafl as a paid holiday.

I am not sure what you are saying about Johnson playing for the club formerly known as East Perth last year has anything to do with what BH said about Johnson and Swans. BH obviously was taking the mickey with his comment.

I am glad that you are so strident in your comments about Johnson; it will be interesting to see how he rationalises his position at the club formerly known as East Perth going forward. Obviously with the host club scenario he will be placed behind any ruckmen the Eagles select in coming drafts as well as their current allocation of ruckmen. It will be interesting to see whether he feels that being shunted back to the reserves to accomodate the Eagles is something that he is interested in doing. His situation will be mirrored I suspect by a number of players at Peel and the club formerly known as East Perth.

As a matter of interest Chaddy22 how enamoured will you be when the priority of the club is not about winning games and/or premierships but is about trying to develop players for the Eagles? Given your nom de plume I suspect you have been a long time supporter of East Perth; do you think the club made the right decision by getting into bed with the Eagles?

hey swan42 won't bother making a reply to your comments as it seems two of my other comments on other threads have been deleted.it is censorship as i don't swear.obviously ozfooty net is a dictatorship run by certain swans supporters who do not like legitimate debate.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15630

• Above and Beyond
  • Thank you received: 0
Had the chance to watch the state game replayed on ABC 1 and it was of good standard and well documented by all involved. Question tho when the camera went to the WA bench and huddles, who was the guy who isn't a head coach ( I don't think he is currently)trying to sound really important and really make a big emphasis on the game plan they had instructed? Basically a try hard, in his role. He laid it on too thick when the opportunity presented, with the camera in close proximity most times.

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15636

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Above and Beyond wrote: Had the chance to watch the state game replayed on ABC 1 and it was of good standard and well documented by all involved. Question tho when the camera went to the WA bench and huddles, who was the guy who isn't a head coach ( I don't think he is currently)trying to sound really important and really make a big emphasis on the game plan they had instructed? Basically a try hard, in his role. He laid it on too thick when the opportunity presented, with the camera in close proximity most times.

Probably was Wayne Orsi A&B!

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15666

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Above and Beyond wrote: Had the chance to watch the state game replayed on ABC 1 and it was of good standard and well documented by all involved. Question tho when the camera went to the WA bench and huddles, who was the guy who isn't a head coach ( I don't think he is currently)trying to sound really important and really make a big emphasis on the game plan they had instructed? Basically a try hard, in his role. He laid it on too thick when the opportunity presented, with the camera in close proximity most times.

Yeh Wayne had plenty to say.. I have heard him when at WP and consider him a very good talker and a knowledgeable Football coach. Reminds me of Percy a bit. Like the guy. Also liked listening to the SD guy who came over to WP for a season. Now that guy certainly knew his footy.. Name escapes me at the moment
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15685

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cardy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Yeh Wayne had plenty to say.. I have heard him when at WP and consider him a very good talker and a knowledgeable Football coach. Reminds me of Percy a bit. Like the guy. Also liked listening to the SD guy who came over to WP for a season. Now that guy certainly knew his footy.. Name escapes me at the moment

Was it Kevin Caton Cardy?

WA SQUAD V VICTORIA Northam 12.15pm Sat May 11 10 years 10 months ago #15709

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Cardy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Was it Kevin Caton Cardy?

Yep that was him. Loved going to his Huddles in the league because he talked good sense and bought out a lot of points. Very animated but that was good. Worth the price of a ticket to listen to him.. Not sure where he went - I heard he moved country or amateurs but not sure..

Another guy who coaches well is Paul Sanzone doing our reserves. I even go down to listen to his After game talk as a lot of good points are bought out.

Shit bit off topic and could be worth a Topic on Coaches and assistants who have impressed. Sure there are a few around and would like to hear what other WAFL people think of their Coaches input to the team.. Watch this space..

Webby must of been Good at the State game to inspire the guys to Have a blinder in that last qtr v VIC? Anyone hear it?

Well that is back on topic :)
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 639 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma