Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146372

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Apparently there are no league matches next Saturday.

A West Australian Football League Colts Super Round will be played next weekend, April 28 and 29, to showcase the competition’s most exciting young talent.

Three Round 5 WAFL Colts games will be played in succession at Fremantle Oval on Saturday, April 28 from 10am to 3pm.

East Perth and Peel Thunder Colts will then play at 2.30pm at Leederville Oval on Sunday, April 29 following the televised League game.

West Australian Football Commission Executive Manager Talent and Football Operations Scott Baker said the Colts Super Round would provide a great opportunity for recruiters to see all four Colts games on the same weekend.

“With the support of the WAFL Clubs, these Super Rounds have proven to be a great way of showcasing WA talent and allowing AFL recruiting staff to view all four WAFL Colts matches across one weekend,” he said.

“I’m really looking forward a great weekend of WAFL Colts football and encourage all football fans to get along and see some of WA’s best developing players in action .”

Surely the WAFC wouldn't encourage supporters NOT TO ATTEND league games: hence my conclusion that there can't be any league games next week end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by swan42.

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146377

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
S42: very few footballers are good at 17 or 18 -- as you know better then moi Swan 42 -- but that is why they introduced the draft so they don'r have to pay for experieced league footballers coming out of the WAFL. How much did Buckenara cost them again?

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146379

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I'm with you swan42, what the hell!!! I'm thinking bout time for a meeting of all true WAFL supporters to let people know we aren't going to let our beloved comp go quietly into the night!!!! Enough is enough, time to make a stand??
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146382

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
STT: I am just waitting for all the apologists for the AFL on here to claim that the football going public are better off watching 18 year olds play league football than Gary Buckenara when he went to Hawthorn.

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146419

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Urging fans to attend WAFL league games would be nice. How can fans be in two places at the same time?

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146431

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
The mind boggles doesn't it. The people writing the ad cannot possibly have a clue and the failure to supervise means people higher up chain have no clue either. I mean really, God help us if they think it is OK to officially urge fans to go to this rather than WAFL games. So sad.

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146433

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Stand the Test wrote: I'm with you swan42, what the hell!!! I'm thinking bout time for a meeting of all true WAFL supporters to let people know we aren't going to let our beloved comp go quietly into the night!!!! Enough is enough, time to make a stand??

I'm with everyone on that idea. I'd imagine some kind of very loud action and / or plan is needed sooner and not later!
Otherwise we can all just stand back and kiss it goodbye!

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146444

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: The mind boggles doesn't it. The people writing the ad cannot possibly have a clue and the failure to supervise means people higher up chain have no clue either. I mean really, God help us if they think it is OK to officially urge fans to go to this rather than WAFL games. So sad.

See below part of the article and note who was quoted:

West Australian Football Commission Executive Manager Talent and Football Operations Scott Baker said the Colts Super Round would provide a great opportunity for recruiters to see all four Colts games on the same weekend.

“With the support of the WAFL Clubs, these Super Rounds have proven to be a great way of showcasing WA talent and allowing AFL recruiting staff to view all four WAFL Colts matches across one weekend,” he said.

“I’m really looking forward a great weekend of WAFL Colts football and encourage all football fans to get along and see some of WA’s best developing players in action .”

Last edit: by swan42.

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146445

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Saturday fixtures.Perth West Perth Lathlain park.
Swans V EF at Steel blue
Souths V Claremont Albany.
Sunday
East Perth V Peel.
That is from the WAFL site.So I guess there is Saturday WAFL football.
There are three game of Colts played the home of WAFL, Fremantle Oval.
One game after the EP v Peel game Sunday.

Really A/man. I WAS being sarcastic.

No WAFL league matches next Saturday apparently 5 years 11 months ago #146447

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Get outta here.Really!!!!! Why am I not surprised that you got it wrong.

What did I get wrong a.man.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 382 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977