Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145841

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: Great to see ALL 9 clubs have at least one win on board after 3 rounds....first time that has happened in a while I reckon....reigning premiers lost to the reigning wooden spooners today....3 games won by 1 goal or less in round 3....yeah a couple of blow outs....but that has happened most years from memory.... Great to see....

A couple of blow-outs? When was there one team with a % of 245 and no other team with a percentage over 100%?

www.wafl.com.au/ladders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145842

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
][quote="swan42" post=145817[/quote]

I was waiting for Freezin to point out that we were missing Noble and Blight yesterday.[/quote]

Considering you never mentioned that Peel were down to 17 players at 3/4 time in that SD win 42..thought not having Noble or Blight wouldn't of made a difference in yesterday's loss to Subi....it is not as though either guy makes SD an 80 odd point better side....perhaps 20 - 30 maybe

Last edit: by Freezin.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145843

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: ][quote="swan42" post=145817

I was waiting for Freezin to point out that we were missing Noble and Blight yesterday.[/quote]

Considering you never mentioned that Peel were down to 17 players at 3/4 time in that SD win 42..thought not having Noble or Blight wouldn't of made a difference in yesterday's loss to Subi....it is not as though either guy makes SD an 80 odd point better side....perhaps 20 - 30 maybe[/quote]

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to who said Swans were on a par with Subiaco? I believe my forecast was by a minimumm of 96 points.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145844

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: ][quote="swan42" post=145817

Considering you never mentioned that Peel were down to 17 players at 3/4 time in that SD win 42..thought not having Noble or Blight wouldn't of made a difference in yesterday's loss to Subi....it is not as though either guy makes SD an 80 odd point better side....perhaps 20 - 30 maybe[/quote]

Perhaps I didn't mention that Peel were down to 17 players because I hadn't noticed that Peel had 5 players on their bench at the start of the last quarter.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145900

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The WAFC allow SFC get away the cap and its forces other clubs to overspend just trying to competitive. Its hopeless situation. As for Randall the less said the better.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145902

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

swan42 wrote:

Freezin wrote: Great to see ALL 9 clubs have at least one win on board after 3 rounds....first time that has happened in a while I reckon....reigning premiers lost to the reigning wooden spooners today....3 games won by 1 goal or less in round 3....yeah a couple of blow outs....but that has happened most years from memory.... Great to see....

A couple of blow-outs? When was there one team with a % of 245 and no other team with a percentage over 100%?

www.wafl.com.au/ladders

Never Swan42 - See my replies on the “Has this ever happened before” thread. - 1911 is the only other time where one team has had a percentage greater than 100 and every other team had a % less than 100 - and that was in a 7 team comp - it never happened in an 8 team comp - nor have 2 teams had +100+ and 7 less than 100% in a 9-team comp.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145907

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Percy said this morning that Schofield is in the best three coaches in Australia.
I say anybody can coach a team like that at their disposal Percy.

He also added that it's an interesting comp.
Take out Subi and then it will be an EVEN comp Percy.

Subi should be the third team from WA to join the AFL.
They won't do much worse than hack teams like Carlton, St Kilda, Brisbane & Gold Coast.
Then we would go back to an eight team comp.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145908

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Cut out this RIP WAFL stuff, it is so negative.

And re Subi let's task them with the job of ending Peelmantle's reign and then look at them. They are at least showing that traditional WAFL club's retain clout.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145912

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Roman wrote: Percy said this morning that Schofield is in the best three coaches in Australia.
I say anybody can coach a team like that at their disposal Percy.

He also added that it's an interesting comp.
Take out Subi and then it will be an EVEN comp Percy.

Subi should be the third team from WA to join the AFL.
They won't do much worse than hack teams like Carlton, St Kilda, Brisbane & Gold Coast.
Then we would go back to an eight team comp.

mate...I'm not sure if you've ever taken the time to listen to Schofield at the breaks but if you haven't I suggest you do and I think you'll be impressed. He rarely rants and raves and if he does have a crack at someone he makes sure they understand where they went wrong. You can tell the players have total respect for him just through their body language and total attention to what he is saying. Is he in the best 3 coaches in the land? I doubt it as he's never been tested at the top level which is a totally different environment but he has to be one of the best at state league in my opinion. I'd love to get the honest and open views of someone like Zac Clarke who has just come out of the AFL system on the club culture and approach to games which would include preparation, training, coaches and game day structures just to see how it all compares. If you saw the WAFL show a couple of weeks ago where Townsend interviewed Ben Newton he said that skills and intensity at Subi is not at AFL level but preparation and game plans and structures were almost on par which I thought was interesting. All I can say is that it must be a tough gig being a WAFL player these days regardless of which club you're at considering you've been working all day then going to training 3 nights a week and playing on the weekend followed by recovery sessions. Compare that to the full time silver tails who only focus on footy and that's all it's a wonder any team can beat them.

Last edit: by BC.

RIP WAFL 5 years 11 months ago #145915

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

waflfootyfacts wrote:

swan42 wrote:

www.wafl.com.au/ladders

Never Swan42 - See my replies on the “Has this ever happened before” thread. - 1911 is the only other time where one team has had a percentage greater than 100 and every other team had a % less than 100 - and that was in a 7 team comp - it never happened in an 8 team comp - nor have 2 teams had +100+ and 7 less than 100% in a 9-team comp.

Thanks for that. I thought it very unlikely to have occurred post-Second World War.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 236 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977