Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #144990

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
No idea what they are thinking up at WAFL HQ, but no game Easter Monday was pretty hopeless planning, zero dockers or eagles on, nothing happening around town and Easter Monday was always part of the traditional WAFL fixtures, would of been a great chance to take the family along to the WAFL, at least this year we didn't have the stupidity of 4 games on Friday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #144997

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I think the staff of the WAFC wanted to get back to their wineries after the Dockers game Saturday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #145022

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Bazza wrote: No idea what they are thinking up at WAFL HQ, but no game Easter Monday was pretty hopeless planning, zero dockers or eagles on, nothing happening around town and Easter Monday was always part of the traditional WAFL fixtures, would of been a great chance to take the family along to the WAFL, at least this year we didn't have the stupidity of 4 games on Friday.

Sorry Bazza, don't mean to sound flippant. Perhaps no-one would have had time to go see a Wafl match on Monday? All the city people driving back to Perth would have been stuck in traffic jams on our so called
"highways". In some instances, traffic was at a standstill as everyone returned from Busselton/ Augusta or Geraldton/ Jurien Bay.
Even if a Wafl game had been scheduled for Monday at say a 4pm to 6pm start time, everyone would have been too tired to go.

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #145024

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote: No idea what they are thinking up at WAFL HQ, but no game Easter Monday was pretty hopeless planning, zero dockers or eagles on, nothing happening around town and Easter Monday was always part of the traditional WAFL fixtures, would of been a great chance to take the family along to the WAFL, at least this year we didn't have the stupidity of 4 games on Friday.

I agree Baz. The WAFC could have scheduled a stand alone game on Good Friday, 2 more on Saturday then another stand alone of say SD and Perth on Easter Monday.

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #145032

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote:

I agree Baz. The WAFC could have scheduled a stand alone game on Good Friday, 2 more on Saturday then another stand alone of say SD and Perth on Easter Monday.

Yep really hopeless planning.

I remember originally, Easter was always 2 games on the Saturday and then 2 on the Monday.

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #145033

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote:

Sorry Bazza, don't mean to sound flippant. Perhaps no-one would have had time to go see a Wafl match on Monday? All the city people driving back to Perth would have been stuck in traffic jams on our so called
"highways". In some instances, traffic was at a standstill as everyone returned from Busselton/ Augusta or Geraldton/ Jurien Bay.
Even if a Wafl game had been scheduled for Monday at say a 4pm to 6pm start time, everyone would have been too tired to go.

think you are taking the p!ss

but I use the Kwinana Freeway maybe 5 times a year or so to head to the SW , and fair dinkum I reckon it knows when I'm coming as every time I go down it there is some huge delay, last time someone had smashed into a pylon at 5am on a Saturday morning.

No Easter Monday Football 6 years 3 weeks ago #145104

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Still unclear why sport needs playing on a Good Friday?
Could have scheduled 2 Saturday and 2 Monday games?
Perhaps a game Saturday, another Sunday and 2 on the Monday to conclude the weekend?
We were certainly blessed with the nice weather over Easter.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 676 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977