Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Book "Yesterdays Heros" - Fremantle Football 6 years 1 month ago #144204

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Anyone with any interest in WA Football and its history should get a copy of this book.

I'm reading through it at the moment and the recollections of so many greats of the past about football and the culture of Fremantle are fantastic.

There is some very detailed information from former players and coaches about styles of play, best players, skills and so on.

Some 29 individual stories with many of the participants now having passed on, among them Steve Marsh, George Griller, John Todd, Percy Johnson, Jack Clarke, Jack Sheedy, Harry Carbon, and many many more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Book "Yesterdays Heros" - Fremantle Football 6 years 1 month ago #144207

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Is that available through places like Dymocks Bazza? I would be very interested in getting a copy of this book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

New Book "Yesterdays Heros" - Fremantle Football 6 years 1 month ago #144211

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote: Anyone with any interest in WA Football and its history should get a copy of this book.

I'm reading through it at the moment and the recollections of so many greats of the past about football and the culture of Fremantle are fantastic.

There is some very detailed information from former players and coaches about styles of play, best players, skills and so on.

Some 29 individual stories with many of the participants now having passed on, among them Steve Marsh, George Griller, John Todd, Percy Johnson, Jack Clarke, Jack Sheedy, Harry Carbon, and many many more.

mate...when I saw the topic headline I thought you were taking the piss and it was yesterday's heroes at the Freo Footy Club which would have been a very short read. B) ...but I see it's about the legends of Freo footy which would be interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

New Book "Yesterdays Heros" - Fremantle Football 6 years 1 month ago #144214

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Is that available through places like Dymocks Bazza? I would be very interested in getting a copy of this book.

I'm not sure about Dymocks but it would be worth a check, I got my copy from New Edition Books 41 High Street Fremantle Phn. 9335 2383, they had a good supply there $35 - good value for the about of info in there.

Go down have a beer at the National or a Cappacino and grab a copy!

New Book "Yesterdays Heros" - Fremantle Football 6 years 1 month ago #144215

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote:

Bazza wrote: Anyone with any interest in WA Football and its history should get a copy of this book.

mate...when I saw the topic headline I thought you were taking the piss and it was yesterday's heroes at the Freo Footy Club which would have been a very short read. B) ...but I see it's about the legends of Freo footy which would be interesting.

Haha ...Its about the REAL Freo footy mate...covers about 1930s to 1960s or so.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 750 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977