Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143704

• oobisoobi
  • oobisoobi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Is it me or is this media conglomerate obsessed with this guy?
Is it me or is this player a bit of an under achiever who gets more press coverage than Lady Di?
Yes he can do some brilliant things but he can also go missing in games longer than MH370.
Surely he does not deserve this kind of coverage. Would he be on the payroll of Seven Group Holdings so that they can make a front page article or Today Tonight story every time he farts?
Am I being unfair? Yes I watch a hand full of Eagles games every year and may be missing something but surely this is overkill?
Oh and sorry for calling you Shirley!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by oobisoobi.

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143705

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

oobisoobi wrote: Is it me or is this media conglomerate obsessed with this guy?
Is it me or is this player a bit of an under achiever who gets more press coverage than Lady Di?
Yes he can do some brilliant things but he can also go missing in games longer than MH370.
Surely he does not deserve this kind of coverage. Would he be on the payroll of Seven Group Holdings so that they can make a front page article or Today Tonight story every time he farts?
Am I being unfair? Yes I watch a hand full of Eagles games every year and may be missing something but surely this is overkill?
Oh and sorry for calling you Shirley!

He will be our next PM.

I have heard his name mentioned every day for the last six months.

What has he done? He's had one good season. He can leap and takes the odd specky. That's about it.
He should be playing basketball for the Wildcats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143719

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If that doesn't clearly and plainly show the bloody stupidity of it all - I'm not sure what does!?!?

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143720

• boothead
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Good to see im not the only one!

He probably isnt even in the top 10 ruckmen in the comp! (Ryder, Kreuzer, Grundy, Gawn, Martin, Jacobs, Sandilands, Nankervis, Bellchambers and Witts) would all be in my team in front of him.

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143723

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Whilst not comparing their relative football abilities it seems to me that this is a bit like the Ronaldo love or hate him, great swathes of folk love him and equally great swathes of folk hate him. Ford vs Holden etc, the medias obsession is cos he is news and attracts attention. I don't know him but certainly folk at swans and some of my mates EP reckon after Thursday and yesterday he is a great fella and fairly shy abt all the attention, he also knows and understands that it what makes him valuable.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143724

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Wasn't having a go at him personally. I've heard he's a decent man. And still shows a keen interest in Swan Districts.
Our so called ""media"" leaves a lot to be desired!!

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143726

• oobisoobi
  • oobisoobi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Don't get me wrong. seems like a terrific bloke which I'm sure he is. But does this all warrant the blatant media set up he constantly seems to find himself in. Ed Shearan does have this kind of attention.
Seriously..... Limos, body guards, being whisked away from a WAFL game at 3/4 time, it all seems so contrived.
A good footballer with the potential to be a very good footballer. Why not the media attention for the other 30 players in WA who fit that description.

One example of dozens of articles over the years:
www.perthnow.com.au/sport/west-coast-eag...months-ng-b88770306z

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143728

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Yes he does get mentioned a lot BUT not on Oz Footy as its full of Fremantle's wonderful deeds & Nic hardly gets a mention.

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143731

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
The attention is reflective of the West Australian and the media presence build up by the weagles. Yep,no way you can call them the weagles and get any attention from them (if not retribution) from the dashing East Perth reserves player.
Nisbett was around then, around now.

Don't go too far here, the weagles will not respond, but retaliate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Nic Naitanui Obsession :Ch7/TheWest/SundayTimes 6 years 1 month ago #143734

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Grump wrote: Whilst not comparing their relative football abilities it seems to me that this is a bit like the Ronaldo love or hate him, great swathes of folk love him and equally great swathes of folk hate him. Ford vs Holden etc, the medias obsession is cos he is news and attracts attention. I don't know him but certainly folk at swans and some of my mates EP reckon after Thursday and yesterday he is a great fella and fairly shy abt all the attention, he also knows and understands that it what makes him valuable.

Make no mistake grump, he is a very humble man. He doesn’t need some effin subi/Freo idiot reminding him of the endless attention.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 251 guests and one member online

• gtrxuone

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest