Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143443

• Dempsey
  • Thank you received: 18
Probably only for long term Cardie's supporters but two were my favourites

The first was Trevor Clarey. Trev didn't have any of the attributes needed at League level, slow and not a strong mark or kick but was a real club favourite and could be relied upon to fill out any volunteer position at the club.

Lacked any real skills but absolutely gave his best every time. I reckon he played 150 games in the Reserves (late 60's - mid 70's?) and finally got the league Call. I remember the Grandstand going ballistic in his League Debut when the got his first kick!

The second was Lindsay Holland. Played a number of Reserves games and got the League call up at Full Forward. I'm sure he kicked 10 goals on Debut and 11 goals the next week and had 36 goals from 6 matches.

I can't remember whether it was Ross Eyre or Ron Evans who was the Regular Full Forward. Ultmately lost his place in the League side after a few more games and I think transferred to South Fremantle the following year without any real success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dempsey.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143445

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Singha: good post -- BH had Mick Lee at the top of his list, analysis I would agree with totally. Your right, even Neil Taylor palyed some good reserves football in the late 1970s. I wss looking at a 1980 budget the other day and it was interestting to see whom played reserves.

Names, such as,

Greame Schultz
Dennis Blair
George Young
Clint Brown
Wayne Loxley
Mick Johns

just to name a few. It is possible some of them were coming back form injury, but the list of names does show how Ken Armstrong -- even with a weak side -- tried to pick the league side on performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143585

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Wally Baker and John Hathaway.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143595

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Tony Tomizzi (the chief).
Robbie Hooker.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143603

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391

Cesspit wrote: Tony Tomizzi (the chief).
Robbie Hooker.

Tony Tomizzi, what a pearler!! We are a club that has produced some top notch reserves players as evidenced by our domination of the Prendergast Medal. In fact Tony won one of them as did Paul Collie.

And Wally Baker arguably turned up at the worst possible time to crack it for a league berth. Stalwart of the Pig Pen these days.

Last edit: by Dazzler.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 558 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog