Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143201

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Paul Collie pretty unlucky at Perth always in the best in the ressies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143203

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Peter North wrote: Paul Collie pretty unlucky at Perth always in the best in the ressies.

He would be near the top of the list PN not sure why he couldn’t crack a regular spot at Perth eventually moved to Subiaco (*some things never change).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter North

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143212

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391
Paul Collie was a top player. Hard at it and a good kick. Problem was we had a stack of skinny little blokes like him in the early 80s - Brynn Chute, Kim Coleman, Terry Coleman who also played a fair bit of reserves footy. As did a young Doug Simms before he cracked it.

On the flip side we've also had a fair few that arguably should have played more reserves games. Brett Claudius springs to mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Dazzler.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143213

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Statistically Avery was the best performmed reserves player in his days at Claremont

Tony Hall
Greg Kelly

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143218

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Dazzler wrote: Paul Collie was a top player. Hard at it and a good kick. Problem was we had a stack of skinny little blokes like him in the early 80s - Brynn Chute, Kim Coleman, Terry Coleman who also played a fair bit of reserves footy. As did a young Doug Simms before he cracked it.

On the flip side we've also had a fair few that arguably should have played more reserves games. Brett Claudius springs to mind.

I always liked Brett Claudius. Not a fan Dazzler?

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143255

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391

Mr AFL wrote:

Dazzler wrote: Paul Collie was a top player. Hard at it and a good kick. Problem was we had a stack of skinny little blokes like him in the early 80s - Brynn Chute, Kim Coleman, Terry Coleman who also played a fair bit of reserves footy. As did a young Doug Simms before he cracked it.

I always liked Brett Claudius. Not a fan Dazzler?

No, I loved Bretto with his maddening, zig zagging runs out of defence.

Last edit: by Dazzler.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143270

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Clayton Lewis, the most expensive ressies player ever!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143274

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote: From Swans in the early 80s Gavin Outridge, Peter Hodyl, Chris Burgess, Vince Reid, Alby & Michael (not #25 Mike) Smith we’re always consistently good in the Ressies without cracking a regular League game although the former 2 eventually played in a deserved League Premiership Hodyl in his second stint at Swans actually Captained our 1990 flag with Brad Shine out injured.

A big fella I always found entertaining to watch before the main match was the incredibly uncoordinated Noel Baker. Used to attempt to mark the ball with his face week in week out.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143277

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Looking at some comments and thinking back, it's Avery from Claremont that stands out. Kicked an absolute bucketload in the twos week after week and struggled to get a senior game.
Not sure if the eras aligned but I think Warren Ralph played a key role in keeping him out.

All time reserves favourites 6 years 1 month ago #143280

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: From Swans in the early 80s Gavin Outridge, Peter Hodyl, Chris Burgess, Vince Reid, Alby & Michael (not #25 Mike) Smith we’re always consistently good in the Ressies without cracking a regular League game although the former 2 eventually played in a deserved League Premiership Hodyl in his second stint at Swans actually Captained our 1990 flag with Brad Shine out injured.

A big fella I always found entertaining to watch before the main match was the incredibly uncoordinated Noel Baker. Used to attempt to mark the ball with his face week in week out.

Yeah I remember Big Noel DW he was from the little hills hamlet of Sawyers Valley if my memory serves me correct.
I was hoping he might have had similar ability to his namesake that had just left us for Essendon but it wasn’t to be! :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 479 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog