Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143024

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The Carter issue is part of the rort that is the AFL academy process. Sydney and Brisbane have had access to 'home' grown colts aged players for a while now although the bares have not seemed to make it work for them to the same extent as the other team.

It seems now the two WA based clubs are going to make it work in a similar way by moving players around to suit their development needs and processes. It also seems that the WAFC allowed it to happen and damn the consequences for the WAFL teams (yes even EP will suffer by having make space for an out of district player). The alignment has placed a restriction our home grown players (albeit not to the extent that was first mooted) and now this is another level of interference at the grassroots level that will impact on the WAFL ability to nurture and develop player for their own benefit .
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143036

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am finding it harder and harder to find a reason to continue to follow the WAFL? Having supported Swans from the 1960s I am use to bad periods But there comes a time when you ask yourself what is the point. It seems, and I would argue is, that every decision made by the WAFC is to destroy the WAFL.

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143045

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
The WAFL as we know it will not be around in 10 years.

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143047

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote: I am finding it harder and harder to find a reason to continue to follow the WAFL? Having supported Swans from the 1960s I am use to bad periods But there comes a time when you ask yourself what is the point. It seems, and I would argue is, that every decision made by the WAFC is to destroy the WAFL.

Being a Swans, SF or even a Perth supporter I would always follow the players, the club and traditions inspite of what others do to my club, bit harder for me but as far as the alignment and EP I am now the shortest legged ostrich in the world. I still love watching the EP players go abt a sport I love!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143050

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Without a shadow of a doubt this will be the most difficult season for me personally since 1986/87 when that sleazy Vic scum invaded our state's weekend footy - we'll be seeing parasites like Sheahan & Ablett telling our league how to operate the youngsters , despite only being even slightly interested in it once a year during the great almighty annual trash & treasure we have to endure
Last bastion of grassroot basic enjoyment of local footy is upon this state

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143051

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
The amazing thing is the usual sycophants actually truly believe that the WAFC and the 2 x afl clubs along with their reserves sides can be the only ones that are ever correct and that all of their decisions are for the better of WA Footy and in turn all WAFL football clubs (if they can name more than 1 positive decision they have made for the betterment of wa football I will go hee) and that the afl actually give 2 hoots about WA football other than for a resource for their own league and their pockets!
Some of us who are supposedly stuck in 1986 might actually care about our own states premier football league and clubs and don’t tow this selfish Victorian biased line!

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143053

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
it's a disgrace alright but not enough people who matter seem to care, including our club presidents and CEO's.
The hopeless media like Hackdorn and Langdon won't say boo. They might upset their masters.

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143054

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote: Without a shadow of a doubt this will be the most difficult season for me personally since 1986/87 when that sleazy Vic scum invaded our state's weekend footy - we'll be seeing parasites like Sheahan & Ablett telling our league how to operate the youngsters , despite only being even slightly interested in it once a year during the great almighty annual trash & treasure we have to endure

What a meltdown this is, I know you might think the AFL has ruined the WAFL , you know what ruined going to the WAFL for. me the club I supported for most of my life, yes the Demons , this club actually made going to the footy on a Saturday a chore., so this argument about the AFL turning punters away from WAFL is shite.

Things change my kids also grew up going to the WAFL , won't have a bar of it now , better things to do than going to watch Perth get flogged, or the same team winning flag after flag.

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143055

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Peter North wrote:

Southerner wrote: Without a shadow of a doubt this will be the most difficult season for me personally since 1986/87 when that sleazy Vic scum invaded our state's weekend footy - we'll be seeing parasites like Sheahan & Ablett telling our league how to operate the youngsters , despite only being even slightly interested in it once a year during the great almighty annual trash & treasure we have to endure

What a meltdown this is, I know you might think the AFL has ruined the WAFL , you know what ruined going to the WAFL for. me the club I supported for most of my life, yes the Demons , this club actually made going to the footy on a Saturday a chore., so this argument about the AFL turning punters away from WAFL is shite.

Things change my kids also grew up going to the WAFL , won't have a bar of it now , better things to do than going to watch Perth get flogged, or the same team winning flag after flag.

and which team would that be? do you mean your second favourite team FART?

The AFL clubs academy rort 6 years 1 month ago #143057

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194

Peter North wrote:

Meltdown ??? - so you ditch & slag off Perth and then throw on the colours of the biggest losers in Victorian football history , that makes sense mate

Last edit: by Southerner.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 309 guests and 3 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020