OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 239 guests and 3 members online

  • anchorman
  • ooollllrrrrrry2

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Guy85
  • dees04
  • Courto
  • CrampedUp
  • Cramped
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Does this sound reasonable?

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142146

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5978
  • Thank you received: 653
Does the following sound reasonable, logical or worthwhile?

The WAFL season has been reduced by two rounds meaning one fewer home game. Then you have the proposal of moving games from the WAFL club's home ground to the WACA and played at night. Obviously those games WOULD NOT be played on a Friday or Saturday night; so are we going to play them on a Thursday, Sunday or Monday night? And why would we do this? Because channel 7 want to broadcast night games.And what is the coup de grace? We are paying Channel 7 to broadcast the WAFL?

On what basis could anyone think that the people making these decisions are competent? Or are interested in the viability of the WAFL? or even have a scintilla of interest in the WAFL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142150

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4588
  • Thank you received: 600
maybe the WAFC is trying to stimulate interest in the WAFL by doing something different. You're not going to get bums on seats by competing against AFL games timeslots so let's give something else a go. I'm as big a critic of gym owner Gavin Taylor as you but at least try different things if it's going to get more people interested in WAFL games which is probably why they're looking at having the sheilas play before the WAFL league games....I don't like it personally but if the women playing at noon increases attendances then maybe its worth a crack...if you'll excuse the pun. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142152

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5978
  • Thank you received: 653

BC wrote: maybe the WAFC is trying to stimulate interest in the WAFL by doing something different. You're not going to get bums on seats by competing against AFL games timeslots so let's give something else a go. I'm as big a critic of gym owner Gavin Taylor as you but at least try different things if it's going to get more people interested in WAFL games which is probably why they're looking at having the sheilas play before the WAFL league games....I don't like it personally but if the women playing at noon increases attendances then maybe its worth a crack...if you'll excuse the pun. ;-)


BC the point is that the changes need to be positive not just change for change sake. With respect to the decision to play the women's league before the men's game a couple of points. What research was done and by whom that indicates there would be an increase in attendances? What research was done about the impact on the girls' youth and women's reserves competitions? What are the ramifications of male colts' team, a woman's league and a male league team sharing the same change rooms? Do you think that more people are likely to attend a Thursday night game at the WACA between say Claremont and South Freo than if it were played at Freo Oval or Claremont Oval on a Saturday?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142155

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4588
  • Thank you received: 600
In response to your questions 42 I wouldn't have a clue and you'd hope the WAFC have done some market research....but then again.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142159

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5978
  • Thank you received: 653

BC wrote: In response to your questions 42 I wouldn't have a clue and you'd hope the WAFC have done some market research....but then again.....


There is an article in today's West discussing the lack of locked showers in terms of female footy players. This is lessened by the current scheduling of men's matches on a Saturday and women's matches on a Sunday. At Swans's AGM I got the impression that some members of Swans's board think the change is a good idea. I have no idea how they reached that conclusion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142161

  • anchorman
  • anchorman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5502
  • Thank you received: 213
Maybe they think differently to you Swan.All entitled to an opinion.
Maybe they will turn out to be correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29=353
S.O.F. The Brute,Michael Apeness
2x25= Seinor and Michael.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142165

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5978
  • Thank you received: 653

anchorman wrote: Maybe they think differently to you Swan.All entitled to an opinion.
Maybe they will turn out to be correct.

.

Do you think they are right a/man?

From the people I have spoken to and the majority of comments posted on here I don't believe they are right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 1 week ago #142169

  • anchorman
  • anchorman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5502
  • Thank you received: 213
It doesn't make the people here or the ones you have spoken to right either.
What I think means nothing ,but we will have to wait until a few years to see what or who is right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29=353
S.O.F. The Brute,Michael Apeness
2x25= Seinor and Michael.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 6 days ago #142221

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6735
  • Thank you received: 554
Yes it does. And why on earth do you assume that there will be no games on a Friday or Saturday ?

What about Sunday night of the Foundation Day long weekend? that offers a got slot.

There may be gaps in the schedule that would allow it and not only that but an earlier start to the season may allow some.

Maybe a twilight game on a Saturday would work before the Saturday night AFL game started.

Having access to WACA lights would be far better than what WAFL has at the moment lighting wise.

As long as compensation is given for loss of bar trade I reckon its worth a try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does this sound reasonable? 6 months 6 days ago #142222

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6735
  • Thank you received: 554

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: In response to your questions 42 I wouldn't have a clue and you'd hope the WAFC have done some market research....but then again.....


There is an article in today's West discussing the lack of locked showers in terms of female footy players. This is lessened by the current scheduling of men's matches on a Saturday and women's matches on a Sunday. At Swans's AGM I got the impression that some members of Swans's board think the change is a good idea. I have no idea how they reached that conclusion.


Replacing the Reserves with the Womens footy will be an unmitigated disaster I can tell you that now, all for some nut job virtue signal BS, ffs Glory Women and Glory Men don't share same match days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags