Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140800

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

mikeh wrote: Is this really worth discussing when we are looking at numbers in the hundreds rather than thousands? Don't think it will matter much in a few years anyway.

Just seems like 42 needs to shore up his battered ego with tall stories and true about his beloved Swans. As you say we are talking in 10's and 100's so really quite irrellevant.

Whatever mikeh and SS think doesn't make their opinion the final arbiter as to what topics can be posted and whether other posters choose to comment on the topic.

SS I have been a supporter of Swans since the 1960s; I am very aware of how successful we have been during that time. One only needs to go back to the 2016 season. However, if one accepts the premise that the WAFL is on its last legs and from what I have seen from the two WA domiciled AFL clubs; the lily-livered cowards in the WAFC that purport to support the WAFL but in reality do exactly the opposite; and the extent that Subiaco have recruited for the 2017 it is highly likely that the WAFC is irretrievably doomed and will fold by the end of the 2019 season. The irony in the year 2020 Subiaco will rue their complete disregard to the damage they have done to the WAFL and their part in the demise of the WAFL.

Fair enough Swan 42, of course you have a right to post any topic you like, however my view is that this topic has really been flogged to death and for the reasons that you have outlined above, it is a moot point. However you are correct that if I don't want to contribute to the discussion, a better option would be not to comment at all, so I will take that on board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140832

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

mikeh wrote: Is this really worth discussing when we are looking at numbers in the hundreds rather than thousands? Don't think it will matter much in a few years anyway.

Just seems like 42 needs to shore up his battered ego with tall stories and true about his beloved Swans. As you say we are talking in 10's and 100's so really quite irrellevant.

Whatever mikeh and SS think doesn't make their opinion the final arbiter as to what topics can be posted and whether other posters choose to comment on the topic.

SS I have been a supporter of Swans since the 1960s; I am very aware of how successful we have been during that time. One only needs to go back to the 2016 season. However, if one accepts the premise that the WAFL is on its last legs and from what I have seen from the two WA domiciled AFL clubs; the lily-livered cowards in the WAFC that purport to support the WAFL but in reality do exactly the opposite; and the extent that Subiaco have recruited for the 2017 it is highly likely that the WAFC is irretrievably doomed and will fold by the end of the 2019 season. The irony in the year 2020 Subiaco will rue their complete disregard to the damage they have done to the WAFL and their part in the demise of the WAFL.

I was waiting for it and it was inevitable that the true reason for this thread would surface and that is just another thread to bag Subi. Go for it Swan but you are obviously running out of ideas.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140834

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Swan42 your posts are so boring!

Continuing to press the same points over and over and over again. Many of your points are just assumptions without a bit of evidence to support your points and make them factual.

Instead of whinging about what others are doing (or not doing) which you have no influence on and certainly no control over, why don’t you focus your energy on what is it Swans can do to improve their on-field performance. Though as a supporter you probably don’t have any direct influence over that either. Maybe that’s what pisses you off so much. Perhaps you could be Swans motivational consultant, I’m sure the players would enjoy your positive outlook for their upcoming season and the future of the WAFL competition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, BC

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140836

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Well said TT. I for one, am struggling to see the point of this thread and it's relevance....perhaps 42 can give us some guidance and we can make positive posts if we all know where it's supposed to be going.

Last edit: by BC.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140841

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I must say, and without deliberately trying offend 42.
But I agree with TT some of 42's posts are way left of centre.
e.g. The WAFL will survive that will be up to the Clubs.
What form it will be in will evolve.
But WAFL will live particularly the Perth Football Club.
Go you mighty Demons!!!!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140843

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

I was waiting for it and it was inevitable that the true reason for this thread would surface and that is just another thread to bag Subi. Go for it Swan but you are obviously running out of ideas.

I had no intention of making a comment; if I wanted to make a comment I could have done it in the original post. I was responding SPECIFICALLY to SS's post.

I have absolutely no intention of apologising for pointing out that without a change to the host club arrangement and Subiaco's continuing dominance then the WAFL is doomed. I would point out there have been comments on this topic that there are so few spectators at WAFL games what difference does it make. The fact that attendances are dropping to virtually unsustainable levels is exactly my point.

TT Subiaco lost $138,000 in 2017 season. How many games did Subiaco lose in 2017. If the most successful club in the past 15 odd years is losing that amount of money where does that leave the other 6 WAFL clubs? TT didn't all Swans teams (men's and women's) qualify for the finals in 2017?

Last edit: by swan42.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140845

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
42...just so you're on the right path, the $148k loss sustained by Subi was directly related to the 35% reduction in AFL game day seats deal revenue.....to put it simply, it operated at a loss during 2017. As we know that has now finished so I wouldn't expect to see a similar result in future years.

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140858

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
The only thing that matters is what the statastics say and that is that East Perth were the best supported team home and away in 2017.The only team to average 2000 attendance.People will say but you had a home foundation day derby but you also have to factor in that we played subi 3 times and the three games averaged over 2000 spectators and two were in the top 10 attendances and the third was 11th best attendance.Wow with all the east perth faithful jumping off and all the g7 supporters boycotting east perth games it is a wonder anybody attends east perth games at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140871

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

chaddy22 wrote: The only thing that matters is what the statastics say and that is that East Perth were the best supported team home and away in 2017.The only team to average 2000 attendance.People will say but you had a home foundation day derby but you also have to factor in that we played subi 3 times and the three games averaged over 2000 spectators and two were in the top 10 attendances and the third was 11th best attendance.Wow with all the east perth faithful jumping off and all the g7 supporters boycotting east perth games it is a wonder anybody attends east perth games at all.

Are people going to the game to watch the Eagles?
But as for this topic, ffs, here we go again. Swan, you really need to get out a bit.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Best supported WAFL club at away games 6 years 3 months ago #140882

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Best supported WAFL club at away games

I really do not believe that should be the topic heading.
The question should be, how do we get people back to and increase the 7 Wafl club attendances for both Home and Away matches. Get the impression the Wafl is only just hanging on. Many of the qualifying round attendances (and Finals too) were poor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 230 guests and one member online

• premiership hangover

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020