Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140290

• Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I read on twitter yesterday that Footy Radio will broadcast every game in 2018. Thats every game, including all colts, reserves and league? I'm not sure how the hell that works so would be glad if someone in the know can clarify. Maybe I mis-read it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140315

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Singha wrote: I read on twitter yesterday that Footy Radio will broadcast every game in 2018. Thats every game, including all colts, reserves and league? I'm not sure how the hell that works so would be glad if someone in the know can clarify. Maybe I mis-read it.

That sounds pretty ambitious Singha. They look like they are going to have 4 separate commentary teams at each ground and stream the coverage via digital radio, club facebook pages and the WAFL mobile app where you could choose which coverage you want to hook in to. I don't know this for sure but I reckon this is how it would work. A fantastic initiative for WA footy.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140318

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140337

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

58shark wrote: Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?

They are different stations on my understanding 58shark. 91.3 is an FM station whereas Footy radio is a digital station which streams online and also has a phone app.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140343

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

mikeh wrote:

58shark wrote: Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?

They are different stations on my understanding 58shark. 91.3 is an FM station whereas Footy radio is a digital station which streams online and also has a phone app.

I was listening to them last year via the WAFL app. They also did a telecast of the Sandover and a good job for a first effort with little prep time.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140535

• bolter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
They had 30,000 tuning in for the Grand Final broadcast. People were listening from all over the world.
Absolutely brilliant app.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140538

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140539

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Singha wrote: I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.

Where did you see that Singha???? Wouldn’t mind giving that a go...I’ve got the right head for radio:huh:

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140540

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Would love to listen to SwanDog, BH and 42 doing the Swans games....would need u and Mikeh in the box though DW.....to let listeners know there were two sides playing...LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 6 years 3 months ago #140544

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Singha wrote: I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.

Where did you see that Singha???? Wouldn’t mind giving that a go...I’ve got the right head for radio:huh:

I'm not on facebook mate, but if you google footyradio facebook it brings up the articles, scroll down a bit.
www.facebook.com/footyradio/ Article pasted here:
"Love your footy? Think you can contribute to the broadcast of WAFL as Commentator, Special Comments or help with production? We’re seeking more people to join the team for the most comprehensive coverage of football in WA ever undertaken. If you, or someone you know has what it takes then contact us. You don’t have to have played 200 games or be a household name. You have to be passionate, keen and willing to be part of a great team. Message us here for more details."

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 238 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL