OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 267 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Bogtrotter
  • fisherman
  • Footytragic
  • inside50
  • FootyBrain
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140290

  • Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 736
  • Thank you received: 68
I read on twitter yesterday that Footy Radio will broadcast every game in 2018. Thats every game, including all colts, reserves and league? I'm not sure how the hell that works so would be glad if someone in the know can clarify. Maybe I mis-read it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140315

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3790
  • Thank you received: 638

Singha wrote: I read on twitter yesterday that Footy Radio will broadcast every game in 2018. Thats every game, including all colts, reserves and league? I'm not sure how the hell that works so would be glad if someone in the know can clarify. Maybe I mis-read it.


That sounds pretty ambitious Singha. They look like they are going to have 4 separate commentary teams at each ground and stream the coverage via digital radio, club facebook pages and the WAFL mobile app where you could choose which coverage you want to hook in to. I don't know this for sure but I reckon this is how it would work. A fantastic initiative for WA footy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140318

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2682
  • Thank you received: 199
Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140337

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3790
  • Thank you received: 638

58shark wrote: Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?


They are different stations on my understanding 58shark. 91.3 is an FM station whereas Footy radio is a digital station which streams online and also has a phone app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140343

  • Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 736
  • Thank you received: 68

mikeh wrote:

58shark wrote: Who is Footy Radio? Is that 91.3 Sports F M?


They are different stations on my understanding 58shark. 91.3 is an FM station whereas Footy radio is a digital station which streams online and also has a phone app.


I was listening to them last year via the WAFL app. They also did a telecast of the Sandover and a good job for a first effort with little prep time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140535

  • bolter
  • bolter's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Grade
  • Reserve Grade
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 0
They had 30,000 tuning in for the Grand Final broadcast. People were listening from all over the world.
Absolutely brilliant app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140538

  • Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 736
  • Thank you received: 68
I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140539

  • Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2374
  • Thank you received: 332

Singha wrote: I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.


Where did you see that Singha???? Wouldn’t mind giving that a go...I’ve got the right head for radio:huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140540

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5289
  • Thank you received: 336
Would love to listen to SwanDog, BH and 42 doing the Swans games....would need u and Mikeh in the box though DW.....to let listeners know there were two sides playing...LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Freezin.

Footy Radio Broadcasts 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #140544

  • Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 736
  • Thank you received: 68

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Singha wrote: I just did a bit of googling on them. There was an announcement yesterday on their Facebook page to confirm that they are indeed covering every match for all nine clubs, colts and ressies included. They are also looking for commentators- no surprise there.


Where did you see that Singha???? Wouldn’t mind giving that a go...I’ve got the right head for radio:huh:

I'm not on facebook mate, but if you google footyradio facebook it brings up the articles, scroll down a bit.
www.facebook.com/footyradio/ Article pasted here:
"Love your footy? Think you can contribute to the broadcast of WAFL as Commentator, Special Comments or help with production? We’re seeking more people to join the team for the most comprehensive coverage of football in WA ever undertaken. If you, or someone you know has what it takes then contact us. You don’t have to have played 200 games or be a household name. You have to be passionate, keen and willing to be part of a great team. Message us here for more details."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags