Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140239

• RedLegs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: Not sure either of you 2 are making much sense.
Just why will the competition die?
Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

No moneys will be given to the WAFL club when drafted.

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

I don't know how you came to your grim view S42, I listened to the interview with Michael Ablett yesterday and I didn't hear anything to suggest it's mothballs for the WAFL and quite frankly that is nonsense because it would completely undermine the two Perth AFL clubs. There are clearly other factors that undermine the integrity of the WAFL comp that the WAFC has failed to address thus far.

Would it be fair to assume the cost of running a colts squad is quite a significant cost and perhaps that is where some clubs have better resources than others in respect to that? I would think the cost of running a colts squad far exceeds whatever clubs have got back from draft fees.

Same probably goes for the ressies and perhaps the way it will go is WAFL clubs will be aligned with their amateur clubs in their zones and players will drop back to amateur clubs who are not playing league. That would be sad not to see the next best running around before the league match but perhaps amateur matches could be curtain raisers to the league match?

I would love my club to be able to draw on any players out of our amateur clubs. If we need a ruckman we can just pluck the best one out of the ammos any given week. I reckon it could be a very good thing and give players that otherwise wouldn't get to play league footy a chance to fulfill their dreams.

And maybe it might have a leveling affect on this lopsided competition where the club who can afford the best recruits and has the better resources to develop their junior zones dominates the competition year in year out.

With the colts program now being run separately, do the WAFL clubs receive a reduction in $585k handout that they received from the WAFC each year?
Hopefully the colts players aren’t required to pay $500+ a season to play now so that their club can pay an ex-AFL player $1500+ a week to play league.

As for the suggestion if the Reserves comp folds that Ammo clubs become host clubs for WAFL Reserves sides and play as a curtain raiser to WAFL league matches...you can stick that shoulder deep up your posterior! Why would ammo clubs, who run financially viable clubs that are not dependant on WAFC handouts, want to give up home games and the associated revenue to play before a WAFL game?
Most of the posts on this forum revolve around the host club arrangement and how shite it is for the WAFL, but you think that it’s ok for the WAFL to do the same to the WAAFL?

If you want to pick which ever player you want from your ammo clubs on any given week, you probably need to address the issues as to why these players aren’t on your list already? How would you feel about West Coat or Freo picking which ever player they wanted out of the G7 clubs each week? WAFL listed G7 players selected for one or two AFL matches to cover injuries...I can hear the uproar from WAFL supporters already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140240

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
The Wafl and Afl play the same game but there rival codes.The AFL request for a Afl elite colts competition further weakens the Wafl comp.So no elevation of a Steven Coniglio to the league team.
It's allmost becoming impossible for the Wafc to look after all stake holders.The Wafl +the 2 Afl liciences.The Wafc should of told the AFL to stick there money and there alignments.
So it goes back to the original AFL strings attached money.
1.Takerover of the Wafl colts
2.The scrapping of the Reserves.
3.An AFL W game prior to AFLWA league match.Or should I say a Wafl match.Womans AU Football League.
Afl can't re-wright Wafl history.But with the help of there mates at the commission can rip the soul out of the Wafl Football clubs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, ArkRoyal

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140241

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
This scary stuff that is being said here. As i understand the WAFL clubs can endorse or say no to these ideas. Time for CEO's and Presidents to stand up on behalf of the supporters. Comp badly needs a Raponi type to speak up. Seems they are all just pacifists.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140244

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For the record I certainly don't support the suggestion that we should raid the ammos in lieu of having a ressies' team. It is the one of the reasons I don't support the two WA domiciled AFL teams having their own teams in the WAFL.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140271

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

Unfortunately Swan I have not gone but decided to hang in with my inane contributions. My understanding is that Colts plays can play reserves and League if required by the clubs and if they are considered good enough. I laughingly said the Dean Turner that we should fill our ressies side with the best 10 colts players which would the then mean the next 19 in the colts system move up. ( qualifying that comment. the new system apparently focuses on the best 30 at each club and the rest play community or ammo's and are only called upon if required). The players are still swans or East Perth players even if moved to bolster another club (sort of like in Soccer where players are loaned out). I do not like it but then I liked the thirds and fourths system!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140275

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Certainly does lend weight to the elitist / exclusive intentions of this AFL system it's headed to - rather than inclusive style fabrics we've had in our systems over the years

Given the numbers taken from us over the past 3 years I still cannot work out how our system is so bad - maybe it's just me after all mate
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140276

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Please enlighten us.

Unfortunately Swan I have not gone but decided to hang in with my inane contributions. My understanding is that Colts plays can play reserves and League if required by the clubs and if they are considered good enough. I laughingly said the Dean Turner that we should fill our ressies side with the best 10 colts players which would the then mean the next 19 in the colts system move up. ( qualifying that comment. the new system apparently focuses on the best 30 at each club and the rest play community or ammo's and are only called upon if required). The players are still swans or East Perth players even if moved to bolster another club (sort of like in Soccer where players are loaned out). I do not like it but then I liked the thirds and fourths system!

Grump good to see that you are still on here. It is good to have contributors on this site that are genuinely interested in the WAFL.

It is interesting that you mention a figure of 30 players. If one goes through the list of players that play for a colts' team there have been seasons where we have played around 60 - 70 players. Given a colts' team has 23 players, add a few players unavailable due to injury, sickness or PSA commitments you soon get well into the 30s. Then you take out the players unavailable due to AFL junkets, the 18s matches how do they think that 30 players will be enough?

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140277

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote: Certainly does lend weight to the elitist / exclusive intentions of this AFL system it's headed to - rather than inclusive style fabrics we've had in our systems over the years

Given the numbers taken from us over the past 3 years I still cannot work out how our system is so bad - maybe it's just me after all mate

That is why there should be clear and PUBLISHED key performance indicators to measure against the success or failure of the takeover of the colts' competition. And if the kpis are not met then those responsible should be summarily sacked and NO PAYOUTS other than their legal entitlements such as annual leave.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140278

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Swan I've been waiting for 3 years now to see where that AUD $300 000.00 debt of Peel Thunder's has progressed in it's re-payment to this league - in writing mate.

I'll be waiting another 30 years

There will be nothing but AFL-speak on that one my friend & it'll be jobs for the priveledged Victorian few in that scam that begins next year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Southerner.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140284

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Unfortunately Swan I have not gone but decided to hang in with my inane contributions. My understanding is that Colts plays can play reserves and League if required by the clubs and if they are considered good enough. I laughingly said the Dean Turner that we should fill our ressies side with the best 10 colts players which would the then mean the next 19 in the colts system move up. ( qualifying that comment. the new system apparently focuses on the best 30 at each club and the rest play community or ammo's and are only called upon if required). The players are still swans or East Perth players even if moved to bolster another club (sort of like in Soccer where players are loaned out). I do not like it but then I liked the thirds and fourths system![/quote]

You undersell yourself with that statement grump. Inane? I don't think so.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 342 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977