Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 1 week ago #11422

• strono
  • strono's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
would like to know what the footy public think of the multi award winning wafl weekly coverage of the 990 radio station team led by the ex footygoss entrepreneur russell dower

they are calling the preth v ef game on sunday if you would like to wait till then to comment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 1 week ago #11426

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Have always found Russ and the team do a great job. Dont know if the same team as last year but one of the best calls. Only problem I found is they get cut off right on 5pm because of RPH commitments and would like to hear more after game comments. Their around the grounds is pretty good as well.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 1 week ago #11428

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep he is Anchor.. and it was run well.. Lets not forget that 990 and Russ are the Only station that does a live broadcast of the Sandover medal count. Well put together as well. Does a lot for WA Footy.

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 6 days ago #11597

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i think you will find he sold it then it went into shite a number of times....not sure they put in the same effort than russell did

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 6 days ago #11647

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Listened to 990 Today and a great call by Russell and Chris Billings.
They sounded like the callers from the old days and obviously knew the players.

Just for future reference 990 doesnt stream on the net but relays to 6GS (Great Southern.com) in Wagin who stream on the net.

What an incredible game and well done to EF for pulling thru and the Perth effort. Certainly had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Perth are a force to be reckoned with this year

Good crowd today as well

Attachments:

Last edit: by Cardy.

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 6 days ago #11655

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

strono wrote: would like to know what the footy public think of the multi award winning wafl weekly coverage of the 990 radio station team led by the ex footygoss entrepreneur russell dower

they are calling the preth v ef game on sunday if you would like to wait till then to comment

I thought they were very professional and well versed in team players and footy itself. I think they'd put a lot of callers from FTA TV and Foxtel to shame. Good to listen to. As for Chris Billings, I was pleasantly surprised by him. Gave very good input and seemed to be right on the ball. For a guy that is heading back to PFC next year, he was very balance in his summaries.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 6 days ago #11658

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

58shark wrote:

strono wrote: would like to know what the footy public think of the multi award winning wafl weekly coverage of the 990 radio station team led by the ex footygoss entrepreneur russell dower

I thought they were very professional and well versed in team players and footy itself. I think they'd put a lot of callers from FTA TV and Foxtel to shame. Good to listen to. As for Chris Billings, I was pleasantly surprised by him. Gave very good input and seemed to be right on the ball. For a guy that is heading back to PFC next year, he was very balance in his summaries.

Yep agree I was listening between doing jobs and the coverage was excellent. Billings said he was playing country footy and back next year ? He may have picked the wrong season to have a year off ??? Great game - well done East. Perth are far better than I thought - I tipped the Sharks by 6 goals but Perth had their chances.

Also great to see a good crowd with no comp from the AFL and a good turn-out of Perth juniors by the sound ???

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 5 days ago #11684

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I would agree 990amRadio have always done a good job with the Wafl broadcasting. They've won several awards for doing so I think?

990amRadio WAFL 11 years 5 days ago #11686

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
went to the game today and as a east freo supporter, ended up happy. Must say though that as above posts have said, was a good crowd and Perth were impressive. I said to my wife on the way home that i felt sorry for Perth, as i really felt that this was the sort of game that probably should of ended in a draw! close from start to finish and never more than 2 goals in it. Well done to both sides.

Have to say though, what do want for, support wise for the WAFL? The passionate die-hards or the families? I personally think a mixture of both, but the disgrace shown at the end the game by a certain section of Perth supporters as the umpires went off i thought marred the game. I know it's an emotional game and when you lose by 2 points, you want someone to blame and guess who cops it. The umps!

My 4 year old son, said to me "why did that man throw the football at those men" (in reference to a perth supporter throwing a football at the umps as they went up the race) I did think it was funny, though probably not a good look.

Well done to Perth. Good stuff with the bar on the southern side too. I wish EF would do that sort of thing as well.

no such thing as a bar around the ground anymore at East Freo (barring Freo derbies)

990amRadio WAFL 10 years 11 months ago #12753

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
990amRadio WAFL
ef v sf anzac derby

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 403 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977