Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138579

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Well done to all the lads who were drafted, wish them all the very best in their AFL careers. Special mention to young Aaron Naughton for achieving a top 10 selection. A young player rated highly by everyone ..... everyone except the Peelmantle FC who rated Zac Dawson higher than Aaron for a spot in their GF winning team. What a mind numbingly rediculous decision. He must be thanking his lucky stars he's leaving the clutches of Freo and going to a decent club in the Doggies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138591

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I'm tipping the bargain of the draft will turn out to be Zac Langdon to the Giants at 52, he's got some weapons this bloke, explosive speed, balance, strength and skill.
Perhaps SS or BC could tell us a bit about Brayden Ainsworth, the WAFL website only lists him as from Ports (Esperance area?) and doesn't list his height and weight. His stats were impressive but nothing overwhelming is he a good user of the ball?
Couple good pick ups for East Perth if him and Ryan aren't playing for the Eagles.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138597

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Tiger of old wrote: I'm tipping the bargain of the draft will turn out to be Zac Langdon to the Giants at 52, he's got some weapons this bloke, explosive speed, balance, strength and skill.
Perhaps SS or BC could tell us a bit about Brayden Ainsworth, the WAFL website only lists him as from Ports (Esperance area?) and doesn't list his height and weight. His stats were impressive but nothing overwhelming is he a good user of the ball?
Couple good pick ups for East Perth if him and Ryan aren't playing for the Eagles.

What is the story with Zac Langdon TOO as I notice he is a Dampier Sharks (Swans Pilbara zone) Guildford Grammar boy?

On another note how Sam Taylor lasted until pick 28 is astounding he is every bit (if not better) as good as Alex Rance was at the same age...GWS have got a steal there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138599

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Brayden is a tallish mid, silky skills and reads the game like a book, very good overhead and a very focused lad but needs a few extra kg's which he will get over the pre-season. Really smart footballer. watched him in the ressies qual final when we were being challenged by a very hard finishing Cl outfit, he got behind the ball with great positioning and took several telling marks that helped Subi get over the line by a couple of points. Expect he will get a few games in his first year.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138611

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: I'm tipping the bargain of the draft will turn out to be Zac Langdon to the Giants at 52, he's got some weapons this bloke, explosive speed, balance, strength and skill.

What is the story with Zac Langdon TOO as I notice he is a Dampier Sharks (Swans Pilbara zone) Guildford Grammar boy?

On another note how Sam Taylor lasted until pick 28 is astounding he is every bit (if not better) as good as Alex Rance was at the same age...GWS have got a steal there!

No idea BH why Langdon wasn't playing at Swans sorry.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138668

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Well done to all who were selected in the draft. The Eagles selected three loacls and the Dockers one.
In regards to Aaron Naughton SS, should Fremantle have selected just because!!!!
I would say that had Michael Johnson retired , then Naughton would have been taken by Fremantle.With Alex Pearce returning from injury, the Dockers had no need of him.Sour grapes comments In my opinion.
I wonder if the Dockers suck in under the Eagles beak to snare Scott Jones from East Perth.
I am glad that Tim Kelly was selected by Geelong. I think he will fit in nicely ,though others here disagree with me.
Not surprised that Liam Ryan was selected by the Eagles, but was surprised how early they took him.
I think Fremantle have done very well in this draft.I guess only time will tell if they have hit the jackpot as they did the year they selected Pavlich and Hasleby.Selected a couple of top range mids, a couple who can play forward and a couple of big men.The mids were needed with Weller going and Mundy getting near the end.

Totally missed the point A/man, I was referring to Peelmantle choosing Zac dawson ahead of Naughton in the WAFL Gf, an absolute disgrace and backed up by his top 10 draft selection. Nothing to do with who eventually drafted him.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138680

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: SS, I didn't miss the point, and I disagree with your assertion.

So you believe Zac Dawson was more deserving of a spot in the peel WAFL GF team than Naughton?

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138682

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It's a moot point as Dawson should have been on holiday for taking out Liam Baker in the second semi SS.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138685

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
No pre-season draft. All clubs said no thanks.
Only interest left 43 rookie draft picks then it is all over.

Draft 6 years 4 months ago #138687

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

smokey wrote: No pre-season draft. All clubs said no thanks.
Only interest left 43 rookie draft picks then it is all over.

Late call. Pre season draft back on. Carlton changed it's mind. Don't know if other clubs will participate.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 379 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Southerner
  • Stinker
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes