Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134123

• Country member
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Can anyone explain why $ubi v Dockers is the TV game? Both teams guaranteed of at least one other game this year. The Souths and Swans game, on the other hand, is the final game for one of the teams. Why are we forced to watch this crap when there's a REAL WAFL game being played?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134125

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
The ratings would have been a lot higher if they showed the South Fremantle and Swan Districts game. There would be a bigger crowd and more atmosphere at Fremantle compared to Leederville.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134129

• Country member
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Just for interest sake, under SANFL rules, Fremantle reserves could not select at least Sheridan, Logue, Ibbotson, Suban or Sutcliffe. That's just players who've played more AFL than WAFL this year. Not sure which players have played more than 3 WAFL games since June 30 but I'd imagine the list of ineligible players would grow with that rule also considered. That'd make a substantially different team and a substantially different competition.

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134139

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Why should a player who has played more AFL games than WAFL games be allowed to play finals for Peel.

Just makes a farce of the system.

There must be more sensible ways to make it workable for all.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134140

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Agree CM, it's usually the cut throat 1st semi that gets the coverage but remember it's Ch 7 and Ch 7 are all about the AFL so that's why they covered the Freo game. In the end on a purely football basis it was a better spectacle than the 80 point shellacking Souths gave Swans.

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134141

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Country member wrote: Just for interest sake, under SANFL rules, Fremantle reserves could not select at least Sheridan, Logue, Ibbotson, Suban or Sutcliffe. That's just players who've played more AFL than WAFL this year. Not sure which players have played more than 3 WAFL games since June 30 but I'd imagine the list of ineligible players would grow with that rule also considered. That'd make a substantially different team and a substantially different competition.

Spot on CM, the SANFL as usual have it sorted but the WAFC being the wankers that they are wont take any lead from the best organized and run 2nd tier comp in the land.

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134142

• Godinoz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
So SS, WAS it a good game????????? Looking forward to a summary of the game and will be looking forward to hearing from Schoey, John Townsend and others about the game. I was absolutely pissed off I couldn't listen to it on ABC radio720 live streaming here in NZ. What a joke that was. I did think that Subi would knock off Fremantle and it would be a Subi South GF. How wrong I was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134147

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Luckily they didn't show the one sided pumping at freo Oval today

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134151

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Godinoz wrote: So SS, WAS it a good game????????? Looking forward to a summary of the game and will be looking forward to hearing from Schoey, John Townsend and others about the game. I was absolutely pissed off I couldn't listen to it on ABC radio720 live streaming here in NZ. What a joke that was. I did think that Subi would knock off Fremantle and it would be a Subi South GF. How wrong I was.

Well it was a lot closer and an intensely physical contest, shame that it involved Freo but there it is.

TV coverage 6 years 6 months ago #134158

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Demons Forever wrote: Why should a player who has played more AFL games than WAFL games be allowed to play finals for Peel.

Just makes a farce of the system.

There must be more sensible ways to make it workable for all.

Dorrington said only one club complained about it when things were reviewed at the beginning of the season, joondy
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 259 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • one time only
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes