Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #133987

• ruddiger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #133988

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. Gavin Taylor et al should have their salaries reduced by a MINIMUM of 30%.

Let's reduce the season to 8 games. Just think of how much we would save then.

Here's another suggestion for saving money: reduce the number of field umpires by 1. Reduce the upper hierarchy of the WAFC by 40%.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #133992

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
"Bring us into line" give me a break.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134004

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I am hopeful though that this is a prelude to 2019 when West Coast and East Perth separate and we have a ten team WAFL where each club plays each other twice.

Put some restrictions on AFL players getting into finals and we might have something approaching a credible competition.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134014

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grassy wrote: Here we go again.

The Rich Man,Poor Man Act the Commission gives us all.

Again,well done Swan Districts for saying No!

It would be nice if a few more WAFL clubs actually backed us up occasionally Grassy......fair dinkum we seem to be fighting a lone battle all of the time!

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134022

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
This has been on the cards for a while, tbh its not a big deal for mine.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134023

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: This has been on the cards for a while, tbh its not a big deal for mine.

So you don't have a problem playing East Freo only twice? That does surprise me.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134034

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
My understanding is that there are two full rounds of 8 games and then 2 games where marque contests are arranged ie a 3rd freo derby, 3rd perth derby, SU V CL and SD v Pth then maybe a Su v WP pommies game etc etc.

As someone else said, this is set up for when EP extract themselves from the Eagles, The Eagles establish their own WAFL reserves team, we have a 10 team comp like the SANFL with 2 x 9 game rounds. Like the Crows, the Eagles reserves don't play home games so we get back to having 10 home games in an 18 round comp, again as is the case in SA and they rarely get much wrong. All we then need is to adopt their finals qualification system and we are starting to get on the right track.

it did happen 6 years 7 months ago #134036

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: My understanding is that there are two full rounds of 8 games and then 2 games where marque contests are arranged ie a 3rd freo derby, 3rd perth derby, SU V CL and SD v Pth then maybe a Su v WP pommies game etc etc.

As someone else said, this is set up for when EP extract themselves from the Eagles, The Eagles establish their own WAFL reserves team, we have a 10 team comp like the SANFL with 2 x 9 game rounds. Like the Crows, the Eagles reserves don't play home games so we get back to having 10 home games in an 18 round comp, again as is the case in SA and they rarely get much wrong. All we then need is to adopt their finals qualification system and we are starting to get on the right track.

SS my understanding is that the extra two games would be against a traditional rival (e.g. SF vs EF) and the other game would be between teams that finished in the same third. i.e. 1-3, 4-6; and 7-9

Given the reduction from 20-18 was because clubs were losing money on home games, how does an extra home game help?

Why the hell should we let the eagles stuff up another competition as they rape that comp to get players to fill their team?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 445 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020