Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133832

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Beautifully said Dwert...and for those of you that bang on about Subi's unfair advantages which I take it to mean the Domain Stadium seats deal...if you read our annual report you'll see the club only just broke even for the last several years due to a downturn in demand caused by the end of the mining boom. the club had to reduce the amount it charged for those packages as Subi, Freo and WCE were all competing for the same revenue dollar. Freo and WCE struggled to sell all of there's and the same goes for Subi...so yes, the club made some good money out of it quite a few years ago but it's certainly not the cash cow everyone thinks it is these days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133836

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

DD wrote: Well said PN that pretty much hits the spot. Pretty funny seeing Subi supporters whinging about "unfair advantages".

Dwert I feel for sides like yours coming up against Peel but mate, sounds like your mob lost the game between the ears before it started. My team Perth were competitive against them in our second last game of the year and you guys handed us our biggest flogging not long before that.

True DD for last week ... 2016 finals experience was damn right like boys playing men...plus mate clutching at straws when you are trying to compare Perth to a full blown AFL monstrosity like Fremantle Reserves...

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133841

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Roman wrote:

Dwert wrote: Cam Shepherd is dellusional, to think that he believes that he is a coach of quality and he believes his coaching skills are reason for their current success. Just to remind him Fremantle Development coaches involved Mark Webb , Roger Hayden , Brad Dodd and a myriad of other onfield and off field AFL professionals employed by the Fremantle FC..
As a thread on the Subiaco site suggests the Peel experiment are the love child of the WAFC and will support any avenue for them to be successful at the request of the arrogant pr###s masquerading as the Fremantle FC

What a great argument, put any coach in charge of Perth and see how they go.

Make him coach Perth, see how good he is then?

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133842

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: Beautifully said Dwert...and for those of you that bang on about Subi's unfair advantages which I take it to mean the Domain Stadium seats deal...if you read our annual report you'll see the club only just broke even for the last several years due to a downturn in demand caused by the end of the mining boom. the club had to reduce the amount it charged for those packages as Subi, Freo and WCE were all competing for the same revenue dollar. Freo and WCE struggled to sell all of there's and the same goes for Subi...so yes, the club made some good money out of it quite a few years ago but it's certainly not the cash cow everyone thinks it is these days.

Yep, plus having a keen eye on SFC annual report I am also aware of the amount you guys spend of staff, medical, development etc,,fair enough its a luxury most clubs don't have, but the fact is a huge amount is spent on the club,, mind you a $2 Million Bank alance is nice..

BC some questions?
Who owns the land the SFC Lic Clubhouse stands on? Has the club sold the premises as its soon to be demolised?

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133843

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dwert wrote:

Peter North wrote: Funny isn't it for the last two years Subi have had some competition and their self entitled supporters are whinging about it again, I suppose they know what it feels lke now, suppprters of other clubs have been whinging about Subi and their advantages for i forget for how long now

If Subi win the flag those same whingers will be out in force, lol with all those advantages Peel have Subi are still favourites what does that tell you.

Pete my club SFFC have been very fortunate now to have made two WAFL finals series, In 2016 after a 7 year absence...I would imagine most WAFL clubs aspire to making finals series and ultimately making it to a GF and giving yourself a chance of being Premiers. That approach takes diligent planning , blood sweat and tears from administrators , players coaches , support staff everyone connected to your football club. The last two years have been an absolute farce , come the end of the qualifying rounds the monstrosity calling itself the Peel Thunder FC rolls out the Fremantle FC all star team.
In the past two years my club has been in a position to make it to a WAFL Grand Final unfortunately in 2016 they were defeated by a team that had 17 AFL listed players. This year we were defeated by a team that had 14 AFL listed players. Hardly fair and lacks integrity to my way of thinking.
Mate there are people connected to my club that must be thinking why should we bother putting our time , resources and energy into the club only to be treated in this fashion come the finals??

Dwert i think I'm on the record for saying Peel has unfair advantages , people seem to be glossing over my point when Subi beat Peel this week what does it say about this comp, Subi supporters seem to oblivious to this scenario .

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133844

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Dwert wrote:

Peter North wrote: Funny isn't it for the last two years Subi have had some competition and their self entitled supporters are whinging about it again, I suppose they know what it feels lke now, suppprters of other clubs have been whinging about Subi and their advantages for i forget for how long now

If Subi win the flag those same whingers will be out in force, lol with all those advantages Peel have Subi are still favourites what does that tell you.

Pete my club SFFC have been very fortunate now to have made two WAFL finals series, In 2016 after a 7 year absence...I would imagine most WAFL clubs aspire to making finals series and ultimately making it to a GF and giving yourself a chance of being Premiers. That approach takes diligent planning , blood sweat and tears from administrators , players coaches , support staff everyone connected to your football club. The last two years have been an absolute farce , come the end of the qualifying rounds the monstrosity calling itself the Peel Thunder FC rolls out the Fremantle FC all star team.
In the past two years my club has been in a position to make it to a WAFL Grand Final unfortunately in 2016 they were defeated by a team that had 17 AFL listed players. This year we were defeated by a team that had 14 AFL listed players. Hardly fair and lacks integrity to my way of thinking.
Mate there are people connected to my club that must be thinking why should we bother putting our time , resources and energy into the club only to be treated in this fashion come the finals??

Spot on mate, I can tell you Dwert there was more than a few in the Centurions at about 5.10pm that had the view in your last sentence.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133849

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: Beautifully said Dwert...and for those of you that bang on about Subi's unfair advantages which I take it to mean the Domain Stadium seats deal...if you read our annual report you'll see the club only just broke even for the last several years due to a downturn in demand caused by the end of the mining boom. the club had to reduce the amount it charged for those packages as Subi, Freo and WCE were all competing for the same revenue dollar. Freo and WCE struggled to sell all of there's and the same goes for Subi...so yes, the club made some good money out of it quite a few years ago but it's certainly not the cash cow everyone thinks it is these days.

Yep, plus having a keen eye on SFC annual report I am also aware of the amount you guys spend of staff, medical, development etc,,fair enough its a luxury most clubs don't have, but the fact is a huge amount is spent on the club,, mind you a $2 Million Bank alance is nice..

BC some questions?
Who owns the land the SFC Lic Clubhouse stands on? Has the club sold the premises as its soon to be demolised?

Baz if your referring to the Subi oval facilities, Subi built and owned the building but the land is leasehold to Subi Council so apart from the WAFL GF and the international rules game, Subi has no further financial or legal attachement to Subi oval.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133860

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Surely it's just a silly rumor, given that between the two teams there are slightly more WAFL players than AFL players taking the field so we must stick with the WAFL's official footy which is a WA brand and provides jobs for WA people.

But I bet the powers that be will force the Sherrin onto the new colts comp as all it's aimed at is getting more draftee's into the evil empires system.

SS I believe the VPL's preferred ball will be used in all grades of the WAFL next year.

Last edit: by swan42.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133865

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Just heard that a few Dockers officials have inspected Leederville and are seeking the game to be moved to Subi Oval (their home ground)

WTF

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133866

• Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

oobisoobi wrote: Just heard that a few Dockers officials have inspected Leederville and are seeking the game to be moved to Subi Oval (their home ground)

WTF

no no no no this has to be a joke!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 216 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977