Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133809

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
I thought I saw on tv before last weeks games that peel and the freo boys training together, but it was at Cockburn, that seems fair (not!!) to have a part WAFL team have the advantage of a full professional AFL system to prepare them for another shot at a fake flag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133815

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Cam Shepherd is dellusional, to think that he believes that he is a coach of quality and he believes his coaching skills are reason for their current success. Just to remind him Fremantle Development coaches involved Mark Webb , Roger Hayden , Brad Dodd and a myriad of other onfield and off field AFL professionals employed by the Fremantle FC..
As a thread on the Subiaco site suggests the Peel experiment are the love child of the WAFC and will support any avenue for them to be successful at the request of the arrogant pr###s masquerading as the Fremantle FC

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133816

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
what amuses me most is the charade around calling them Peel Thunder....why not just be upfront and honest and rebadge the club to Freo Dockers reserves? when you look at their handful of supporters which I admit are few and far between, most are wearing Dockers shirts and caps anyway. So let's stop this nonsense and change their name and playing kit to Freo's. It's a bit different for East Perth as they have a long history as a genuine non-aligned club but the Chunder have no history or tradition so calling them the Dockers wouldn't affect anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by BC.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133820

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Funny isn't it for the last two years Subi have had some competition and their self entitled supporters are whinging about it again, I suppose they know what it feels lke now, suppprters of other clubs have been whinging about Subi and their advantages for i forget for how long now

If Subi win the flag those same whingers will be out in force, lol with all those advantages Peel have Subi are still favourites what does that tell you.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133823

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
what are you talking about? had some competition? we've had nothing but competition since 2008. ....we won in 2014 when we weren't supposed to as WART were unbackable favourites and 2015 when we had a cracking team but hadn't won anything since 2008 prior to that.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133824

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Apart from you PN it's pretty general not just Subi supporters that Peelmantle have no support for the way they handle their players during finals time by dumping local lads and bringing in a number of well credentialed AFL players just to win finals when both AFL clubs said that winning was not the primary concern of having the alignments it was about having all their players under a single system. There's plenty of Souths people here who think that Peelmantle is a farce especially after last week when most had them as favorites, same as WP last year when Peelmantle turfed them out of the finals with 17 listed players. The Peelmantle system does absolutely nothing to develop local Peel region footy, half of the 10 or 12 regular non listed players that helped get them to 3rd spot miss the great feeling of playing in finals, what message does that send to the local community and junior clubs down there? yes many still have Subi as favorites for sundays game but Souths were hot favorites last week.

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133826

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Peter North wrote: Funny isn't it for the last two years Subi have had some competition and their self entitled supporters are whinging about it again, I suppose they know what it feels lke now, suppprters of other clubs have been whinging about Subi and their advantages for i forget for how long now

If Subi win the flag those same whingers will be out in force, lol with all those advantages Peel have Subi are still favourites what does that tell you.

Pete my club SFFC have been very fortunate now to have made two WAFL finals series, In 2016 after a 7 year absence...I would imagine most WAFL clubs aspire to making finals series and ultimately making it to a GF and giving yourself a chance of being Premiers. That approach takes diligent planning , blood sweat and tears from administrators , players coaches , support staff everyone connected to your football club. The last two years have been an absolute farce , come the end of the qualifying rounds the monstrosity calling itself the Peel Thunder FC rolls out the Fremantle FC all star team.
In the past two years my club has been in a position to make it to a WAFL Grand Final unfortunately in 2016 they were defeated by a team that had 17 AFL listed players. This year we were defeated by a team that had 14 AFL listed players. Hardly fair and lacks integrity to my way of thinking.
Mate there are people connected to my club that must be thinking why should we bother putting our time , resources and energy into the club only to be treated in this fashion come the finals??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, BC

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133829

• DD
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Well said PN that pretty much hits the spot. Pretty funny seeing Subi supporters whinging about "unfair advantages".

Dwert I feel for sides like yours coming up against Peel but mate, sounds like your mob lost the game between the ears before it started. My team Perth were competitive against them in our second last game of the year and you guys handed us our biggest flogging not long before that.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133830

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Dwert wrote: Cam Shepherd is dellusional, to think that he believes that he is a coach of quality and he believes his coaching skills are reason for their current success. Just to remind him Fremantle Development coaches involved Mark Webb , Roger Hayden , Brad Dodd and a myriad of other onfield and off field AFL professionals employed by the Fremantle FC..
As a thread on the Subiaco site suggests the Peel experiment are the love child of the WAFC and will support any avenue for them to be successful at the request of the arrogant pr###s masquerading as the Fremantle FC

Make him coach Perth, see how good he is then?

The joke that is Peel Thunder 6 years 7 months ago #133831

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Dwert wrote:

Peter North wrote: Funny isn't it for the last two years Subi have had some competition and their self entitled supporters are whinging about it again, I suppose they know what it feels lke now, suppprters of other clubs have been whinging about Subi and their advantages for i forget for how long now

Pete my club SFFC have been very fortunate now to have made two WAFL finals series, In 2016 after a 7 year absence...I would imagine most WAFL clubs aspire to making finals series and ultimately making it to a GF and giving yourself a chance of being Premiers. That approach takes diligent planning , blood sweat and tears from administrators , players coaches , support staff everyone connected to your football club. The last two years have been an absolute farce , come the end of the qualifying rounds the monstrosity calling itself the Peel Thunder FC rolls out the Fremantle FC all star team.
In the past two years my club has been in a position to make it to a WAFL Grand Final unfortunately in 2016 they were defeated by a team that had 17 AFL listed players. This year we were defeated by a team that had 14 AFL listed players. Hardly fair and lacks integrity to my way of thinking.
Mate there are people connected to my club that must be thinking why should we bother putting our time , resources and energy into the club only to be treated in this fashion come the finals??

Would like to see how many of these "Prima Donna's" attend their 2016 Premiership Reunion in 10 years time?
Won't be too many!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 707 guests and one member online

• DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020