Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133481

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1359
After the sledgehammer has been handed down to a "C" grade amateur club the Cockburn Cobras, I find it remarkable that the states elite competition and its governing body the WAFC has not found any WAFL club of breaches of a similar nature.

The difference being the WAFL is a semi professional competition so match payments are legitimate but don't tell me some clubs, maybe all clubs are guilty at some point in paying extra or gifting freebies or paying for a players other personal requirements.

This amateur club was allegedly guilty of offering a player travel allowance to travel from Morley to Cockburn to train and play and he acknowledged no payment was ever received and the club has been slapped with a 40k fine and club officials facing fines and suspension and the club banned from playing finals in two grades and I think further penalties apply next year.

Seems to me the amateur governing body takes breaches of this nature far more seriously than the WAFC.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133497

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote: After the sledgehammer has been handed down to a "C" grade amateur club the Cockburn Cobras, I find it remarkable that the states elite competition and its governing body the WAFC has not found any WAFL club of breaches of a similar nature.

The difference being the WAFL is a semi professional competition so match payments are legitimate but don't tell me some clubs, maybe all clubs are guilty at some point in paying extra or gifting freebies or paying for a players other personal requirements.

This amateur club was allegedly guilty of offering a player travel allowance to travel from Morley to Cockburn to train and play and he acknowledged no payment was ever received and the club has been slapped with a 40k fine and club officials facing fines and suspension and the club banned from playing finals in two grades and I think further penalties apply next year.

Seems to me the amateur governing body takes breaches of this nature far more seriously than the WAFC.

How many WAAFL clubs have been sanctioned DD?

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133518

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have no idea apart from the club in the news now. What is your point?
Get on your bike.

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133519

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

DD wrote: After the sledgehammer has been handed down to a "C" grade amateur club the Cockburn Cobras, I find it remarkable that the states elite competition and its governing body the WAFC has not found any WAFL club of breaches of a similar nature.

Absolutely DD maybe the Amateur bureaucrat that was involved in this decision should be running the WAFL.
Previous sanctions by the WAFL hierarchy were pitifulfor salary cap breaches

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133526

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Actually DD I would say the Amateurs are on a par with the WAFC , Cockburn Lakes in the lower grades has been sanctioned, and yet the A grade clubs seem to get a free pass.. didn't Perth get sanctioned or fined a few years back, while the elephant in the room keeps on winning flags yeah I see a similarity between both bodies.

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133529

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You could be right PN, easier to go after the soft target they obviously don't have mates in high places. Perth got fined 20k reduced to 10k on appeal for salary cap irregularities involving Chris Bossong.
Get on your bike.

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133531

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
A B Grade club was removed from the competition part way through this season.

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133532

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
The issue here DD is they have come down hard on a C4 club with one players word against the club even though he never received money but have done nothing to eradicate the money that has long been splashed around in the A grade competition. To put it kindly the WAAFL offer nothing more than lip service to protect the integrity of what is supposed to be a 100% amateur comp. To say they have come down hard is a big stretch. They have chosen an easy option here to appear like they have some control when reality is money is rife right across the amateur comp landscape.

As for the WAFL comp integrity, no doubt money is being passed sideways in a similar fashion. How the WAFC can protect the integrity of the WAFL of this nature with one hand then take the decisions they do to dismantle integrity in so many other areas is beyond my capacity for radical thought. Lets face it, football in this state across so many levels is corrupt and nowhere more so than at HQ. We all know why they are really taking over the colts system and anything they say to the contrary can be read in to as complete horse shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133610

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
This is ironical. The WAAFL come under the WAFC and are funded to some degree by the WAFC.
And here they are going after a C4 club for $5 worth of petrol.
Spare me

Should some WAFL clubs be NERVOUS? 6 years 8 months ago #133618

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I would love to know how they proved any of this?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 824 guests and 4 members online

• TheRock
  • Royals78
  • KickTheBall
  • alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977