Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 7 months ago #133598

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Dwert wrote:

Swandog wrote: I dont think you will ever be able to please all parties tbh, I read Subi are annoyed the Ressies is being played at 9.20am Sunday haha. At least both their games are at the one ground, unlike South or Claremont. But cant please everyone unfortunately. As for SD I think having all 3 grades in has been to out advantage luckily

Fairer are you for real mate?, The same challenges will now be faced by the SFFC support staff , supporters , parents heaven forbid not thinking about players?? to be at two venues at the same time on Sunday. That is some reward for finishing top clearly in the reserves and second top in the league??

I dont know what the alternative is? But there will always be someone aggrieved unless they go back to finals like they used to. I dont reckon the minor grade players would care where they played tbh, didnt bother Perth ressies or Claremont colts on Sunday. As we are the only side with all 3 grades in I suppose we earnt the advantage in terms of logistics re support staff as BH said. At least SF support staff will have enough time to travel back to Freo - just - whereas SD support would have had zero time getting from Bassendean in the colts v EP to Claremont for the ressies and then to Fremantle
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Swandog.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 7 months ago #133599

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Senior Seagull wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Swandog wrote: I dont think you will ever be able to please all parties tbh, I read Subi are annoyed the Ressies is being played at 9.20am Sunday haha. At least both their games are at the one ground, unlike South or Claremont. But cant please everyone unfortunately. As for SD I think having all 3 grades in has been to out advantage luckily

Fairer are you for real mate?, The same challenges will now be faced by the SFFC support staff , supporters , parents heaven forbid not thinking about players?? to be at two venues at the same time on Sunday. That is some reward for finishing top clearly in the reserves and second top in the league??

Souths don't have to be at two venues at the same time, that's why they have scheduled the SU v SF ressies as the early game so they have a couple of hours to get down to Freo for the league game. Apart from spreading the finals over the Saturday and sunday how would you arrange it?

Play the reserves 2nd Semi Final on the Saturday at Fremantle Oval in the normal time slot... FMD we keep hearing about the reserves competition being dead and a non entity it shouldn't matter should it. The AFL scouts can then just go at 11.20am to both venues on Sunday after a little sleep in and a bit of breaky at Fremantle and Leederville. Easy

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 7 months ago #133600

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Like I said the ressies play the early spot so there is sufficient time (2hours) to get down to Freo oval. Apart from spreading over both days there are no other options. or are you talking about being able to see both league games? You would think that the WAFL may have thought this through and Had a league game on both days but that would mean they had some commonsense and we all know that's not the case. If it was spread over two days and SU v Peel was on Saturday then the ressies could have been played at souths on the sunday but given what happened with Swans 3 grades last weekend they would have played the ressies as the curtain raiser to the 2nd semi on the Saturday as it all revolves around the higher placed league team.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 7 months ago #133602

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Well considering the colts is the most important comp of all here in WA...well in the eyes of the AFL at least....why is EF playing away from home....finished top and having to drive all that way to Leederville from East Freo....farking disgraceful.....how far do the Cl boys have to go?.....

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1944 guests and 3 members online

• satan311
  • Time For a Flag
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple