Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133341

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
WTF....

SF v Subi reserves 2nd Semi 9.10am Sunday at Leederville Oval ..

SD V Cl reserves Ist Semi 11.10am Sunday Fremantle Oval....

I know SD have three teams playing in the first semi at Fremantle Oval , but hardly reward for SFFC who finished second on the League and a clear first in the Reserves?....Could the SF V Subi reserves game be played on Saturday at 11.10am?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133362

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
We finish on top - but have to play away...??

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133374

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I presume the rationale is that unless they were going to schedule some matches for Saturday logistically it would have been impossible for Swans to play at two separate venues.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133380

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

swan42 wrote: I presume the rationale is that unless they were going to schedule some matches for Saturday logistically it would have been impossible for Swans to play at two separate venues.

So the club that finished the qualifying year ahead of the club that they play on Sunday is disadvantaged as the same rationale could be offered up by SFFC re impossible to play at two separate venues?
A Saturday fixture and or the Swans V East Perth colts fixture being played at Leederville at 9.10 am on Sunday is a much fairer way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133580

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I dont think you will ever be able to please all parties tbh, I read Subi are annoyed the Ressies is being played at 9.20am Sunday haha. At least both their games are at the one ground, unlike South or Claremont. But cant please everyone unfortunately. As for SD I think having all 3 grades in has been to out advantage luckily
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133585

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

Swandog wrote: I dont think you will ever be able to please all parties tbh, I read Subi are annoyed the Ressies is being played at 9.20am Sunday haha. At least both their games are at the one ground, unlike South or Claremont. But cant please everyone unfortunately. As for SD I think having all 3 grades in has been to out advantage luckily

Fairer are you for real mate?, The same challenges will now be faced by the SFFC support staff , supporters , parents heaven forbid not thinking about players?? to be at two venues at the same time on Sunday. That is some reward for finishing top clearly in the reserves and second top in the league??

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133588

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
I can see your point Dwert but to have 3 grades spread across different venues on the same day would have been a logistical nightmare for us.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133590

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
This is pretty much following past precedent where the highest ranked league team, in this case Subiaco has home ground advantage and if any of it's lower grades are also playing then they get to play at the same venue. Same happened last week where SD colts and ressies were the lower ranked team in their grades but got home ground due to SD hosting the league game. If Souths had finished top and Peel had beaten Subi then the 2nd semi would have been at Freo and their ressies would play there as well. Given no games are being played on Saturday there's not much choice but to switch the SU v SF ressies to an earlier slot so at least the SF fans, staff and players have a couple of hours to get down to Freo ready for the league game. But, the WAFL should allow them to show their ticket they got at Leederville as free entry to Freo. Bit much to expect them to pay twice.

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133592

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Dwert wrote:

Swandog wrote: I dont think you will ever be able to please all parties tbh, I read Subi are annoyed the Ressies is being played at 9.20am Sunday haha. At least both their games are at the one ground, unlike South or Claremont. But cant please everyone unfortunately. As for SD I think having all 3 grades in has been to out advantage luckily

Fairer are you for real mate?, The same challenges will now be faced by the SFFC support staff , supporters , parents heaven forbid not thinking about players?? to be at two venues at the same time on Sunday. That is some reward for finishing top clearly in the reserves and second top in the league??

Souths don't have to be at two venues at the same time, that's why they have scheduled the SU v SF ressies as the early game so they have a couple of hours to get down to Freo for the league game. Apart from spreading the finals over the Saturday and sunday how would you arrange it?

WAFL Finals Schedule Week 2 6 years 6 months ago #133594

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

Senior Seagull wrote: This is pretty much following past precedent where the highest ranked league team, in this case Subiaco has home ground advantage and if any of it's lower grades are also playing then they get to play at the same venue. Same happened last week where SD colts and ressies were the lower ranked team in their grades but got home ground due to SD hosting the league game. If Souths had finished top and Peel had beaten Subi then the 2nd semi would have been at Freo and their ressies would play there as well. Given no games are being played on Saturday there's not much choice but to switch the SU v SF ressies to an earlier slot so at least the SF fans, staff and players have a couple of hours to get down to Freo ready for the league game. But, the WAFL should allow them to show their ticket they got at Leederville as free entry to Freo. Bit much to expect them to pay twice.

Thanks SS, So what are the arrangements that the WAFL have put in place for SFFC supporters and other supporters who would like to attend the two games at different venues on Sunday?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 331 guests and one member online

• Froggy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020