Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133323

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

Swandog wrote: Was more than 5600 there today, definately 7-8k I dont care what any "supposed" official tally says. Will outnumber fair weather South fans too next week as we do

7 - 8 yeah sure

The areas behind the goals were basically empty so to was the tin awning , most people on the central bank. unless your saying the SDFC is lieing about the figure there is no possible way it could get 2000 plus under.

Id expect 1500 - 2000 sdfc supporters at fremantle oval next weekend , they certainly wont out number us, we got 3500 v peel who had 20 people there, you got 5600 with WPFC who would of had 1500 - 2000. so big deal.

Oh yeah and the 3500 at Fremantle was accurate as well our club does not engage in fraud.

Bazza with the greatest respect you are wrong. I have been going to Basso for many decades and my estimation of the crowd was at least 1/3 full. Given the capacity of Basso is in excess of 22,000 that gives the minimum of 7,000. Then you include the spectators who were there to support Claremont and Perth makes it at least a crowd attendance figure of 7,500.

As for your estimation of West Perth's attendance you obviously didn't see the sizes of the crowd around both huddles.

We shall see about the attendance at next Sunday's game at Freo Oval.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133327

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
They how could the figures be 2000 out???...you are deluded.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133328

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: They how could the figures be 2000 out???...you are deluded.

On what basis do you say that. You know for a FACT that the figure you quoted is the correct figure? Did SDFC contact you with that figure?

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133334

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Swan just before the League Game they opened up the Old Perth Road gates.There was a really long line and they couldn't give change for $50 notes.I entered that gate an hour before and they where having trouble then giving change.It wasn't Swans gate it was Football commission gate.1000-1500 got let in for free.On top of the 5600.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133336

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
yep, the WAFL had people on the gate at WAFL finals, must think clubs let people in for free.
the hill was packed and the can bar was full also, club would have sold plenty of beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133337

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mark I was in the long Mr Whippy line,lol.A WP fan told me they threw the gate open so the fans didn't miss the start.The new Claremont ground had the tap and go eptos cards that everyone uses these days.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133342

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
think Swans are 15 years away from such modern technology !
we do have the best can bar in the comp tho, good for old school footy like yesterday.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133352

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

gtrxuone wrote: Swan just before the League Game they opened up the Old Perth Road gates.There was a really long line and they couldn't give change for $50 notes.I entered that gate an hour before and they where having trouble then giving change.It wasn't Swans gate it was Football commission gate.1000-1500 got let in for free.On top of the 5600.

Yep the footy ops manager told me they threw it open in the end. I heard Gareth Parker say on PR today that all finals should be played at Basso such is our following and superior game day experience :P
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Swandog.

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133355

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It was great that everyone got in Swandog.There was a passage of play in the last qtr.Swans layed two tackles WP went forward the ball rebounded.Freedy ran into goal and put Swans 15 points up.The crowd just roared for about 30 seconds.The can bar went ferrel was a fantastic atmesphere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Finals Crowds 6 years 7 months ago #133381

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Singha wrote:

swan42 wrote: My estimate for the crowd at Basso would be between 7,500 - 8,000. Basso can hold 22,000.

Terrific effort by the ducks fans

There were a number of Perth supporters for the ressies and Claremont supporters in the colts on top of the mighty black and white supporters and West Perth supporters.

The atmosphere in the last quarter was tremendous.

Your only about 2000 out

Five and a half is pretty accurate considering there were few behind the goals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 781 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020