Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136181

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
2000-02,,,2013-2017 are the alignment years.Also the lowest Wafl attendances in History.Yep that saids it all.Does the 100k compensation package cover the 20% drop in attendance???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136186

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote: 2000-02,,,2013-2017 are the alignment years.Also the lowest Wafl attendances in History.Yep that saids it all.Does the 100k compensation package cover the 20% drop in attendance???

I expect Swans's finances to be hit by the 10% reduction in games in 2018. Apparently, we are the only WAFL club that makes a profit on their home games!

Last edit: by swan42.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136188

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Very telling stats with the season attendances dropping around 50% between 86 & 87 when the Eags started and a further 50% between 87 and this year. Where to from here?

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136189

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: 2000-02,,,2013-2017 are the alignment years.Also the lowest Wafl attendances in History.Yep that saids it all.Does the 100k compensation package cover the 20% drop in attendance???

I expect Swans's finances to be hit by the 10% reduction in games in 2018. Apparently, we are the only WAFL club that makes a profit on their home games!

Swan do you know how many members SD has...Thoes statistics from Ricks data do tell a story 42.Wafl fans don't like the AFL clubs in our competition.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136190

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swan do you know how many members SD has...Thoes statistics from Ricks data do tell a story 42.Wafl fans don't like the AFL clubs in our competition.

I don't recall reading it in the Annual Report. I will check this evening and post the figure if it is there.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136191

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

swan42 wrote:

I don't recall reading it in the Annual Report. I will check this evening and post the figure if it is there.

We do have a few black+white Collingwood fans who are members from Melbourne.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136206

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Senior Seagull wrote: Very telling stats with the season attendances dropping around 50% between 86 & 87 when the Eags started and a further 50% between 87 and this year. Where to from here?

Demographics are destiny SS, and from here I'm sorry to say the only way is down.

Unless some radical and I mean serious reform is undertaken, this comp will be a friends and relatives only operation ( some games are already like that), every club bar subi are is basically in solvent, take away the AFL handouts and its good night Irene.

With a few exceptions, quite a few games now cost the clubs more to host than they recoup from the gate or bar, this isn't entirely new but just has got worse, when you factor in most who go are older folk on concessions then gate takings are bleak.. Reduction to 18 games might help.

Sunday League and Country matches were doing better than this crowd wise in early 80s.
I

Last edit: by Bazza.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136207

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote: Very telling stats with the season attendances dropping around 50% between 86 & 87 when the Eags started and a further 50% between 87 and this year. Where to from here?

WAFL Attendances were already well and truly tracking down from 84 onwards, there was an uptick in 83 from a couple of lower years but from 84 onwards in was all downhill.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136209

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Both SFFC and EFFC membership and attendance numbers took a massive hit from the advent of the Dockers on wards for obvious reasons, people are not going to go along and cant afford memberships to two clubs for ever, the Fremantle football profile was never the same and has done massive damage to the traditional heartland of WAFL.

2017 by the numbers 6 years 6 months ago #136224

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

Demographics are destiny SS, and from here I'm sorry to say the only way is down.

Unless some radical and I mean serious reform is undertaken, this comp will be a friends and relatives only operation ( some games are already like that), every club bar subi are is basically in solvent, take away the AFL handouts and its good night Irene.

With a few exceptions, quite a few games now cost the clubs more to host than they recoup from the gate or bar, this isn't entirely new but just has got worse, when you factor in most who go are older folk on concessions then gate takings are bleak.. Reduction to 18 games might help.

Sunday League and Country matches were doing better than this crowd wise in early 80s.
I

Swans is on record as saying they make profits from their home games.

For the record the body responsible for the demise is the Victorian Parasite League.

Last edit: by swan42.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 209 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977