Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129822

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Most people on here have been talking about the prospect of Peel stacking their side with Fremantle Dockers players and sweeping their way to a 2nd flag. Meanwhile the Eagles have been very quietly qualifying their players for WAFL finals and I was surprised to see in the paper this morning that 17 have already qualified including guys like Chris Masten and Lewis Jetta. A number of others including Sharad Wellingham are very close as well. East Perth are building very much like Peel were last year and they have the added possibility that the weak kneed WAFC may waive the rules and allow Nic Nat to also participate in the finals.

Of course they are still not guaranteed a spot in the top 5 and I would like to see the four teams who are playing them in the last month of the season ( starting with West Perth tomorrow) to do their absolute best to keep this mob out of the finals. Remember Peel won the flag from 4th spot last year, so position on the table will be no barrier with the talent that East Perth will have at their disposal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, Dwert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129826

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Grassy how about the unthinkable. Peel v EP Grand Final.

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129875

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Talk about prophetic words Mike - absolute shellacking for the Cardinals after quarter time :(

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129948

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
The worry for the rest of the competition was that even though there were 10 Eagles in their team today a number of them were either young or rookie listed. Their key movers today apart from Wellingham were East Perth based players.You would have to assume they could get a whole lot better.

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129968

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

mikeh wrote: The worry for the rest of the competition was that even though there were 10 Eagles in their team today a number of them were either young or rookie listed. Their key movers today apart from Wellingham were East Perth based players.You would have to assume they could get a whole lot better.

I have said for sometime that we are developing our players and that unlike Peel our colts and ressies will get their chances and they are! Look at today our best players were all EP, well McGinnity is now, but we have the dominate ruckman in the league in Jones, a steady backline with Anderson, Hodgson and Hart being supported by North, Wright, Hille and Amerduri all do well in the middle whilst Blee is doing a great job since moving into the middle. Dobson like North have shown that they are more than comfortable at league level with other boys in the ressies ready and able to move up! In 2019 we will be ok and we will probably not win a flag for awhile but we won't be disgraced unlike some teams that seem to be very skinny in their player pool which to me is a reflection of a poor development programme!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129972

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Grassy wrote: That sounds all well and good Grump,especially if you are free of them soon.But ultimately this September,should you and the Eagles make the WAFL Finals,who is going to fill most of the spots in your League Team?

If it's 15,no matter how soon you'll be free of the Eagles,you Will lose some of those players you developed!That's how badly West Coast AND Fremantle INFEST the WAFL,including their own Host Club partners.

Grassy I can't agree with you, I see a different view with more control over the players on park each week, perhaps it is cos I want to see that but I think that the Club understands that need to have a high EP player content to ensure player stocks at the end of the alignment. As for losing players not sure how you see that, yep a couple have left but have they done any better elsewhere which then suggests that they were at best reserves players for fringe players.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129974

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
The biggest problem any stand alone East Perth side is going to have is convincing prospects to sign on the dotted line mate - you'll be paying overs to bring anyone in.
First thing the almighty managers utter is the warning that there are alignment sides to steer clear of (Mister Manager has zilcho control in alignment scenarios of clientelle) this sticks like shit to a blanket for years

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #129989

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
You must be joking Southerner if you think EP will have trouble signing players post alignment. Subi and EP will be able to sign any player they choose but personally one or two a year is plenty.

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #130073

• chaddy22
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote:

mikeh wrote: The worry for the rest of the competition was that even though there were 10 Eagles in their team today a number of them were either young or rookie listed. Their key movers today apart from Wellingham were East Perth based players.You would have to assume they could get a whole lot better.

I have said for sometime that we are developing our players and that unlike Peel our colts and ressies will get their chances and they are! Look at today our best players were all EP, well McGinnity is now, but we have the dominate ruckman in the league in Jones, a steady backline with Anderson, Hodgson and Hart being supported by North, Wright, Hille and Amerduri all do well in the middle whilst Blee is doing a great job since moving into the middle. Dobson like North have shown that they are more than comfortable at league level with other boys in the ressies ready and able to move up! In 2019 we will be ok and we will probably not win a flag for awhile but we won't be disgraced unlike some teams that seem to be very skinny in their player pool which to me is a reflection of a poor development programme!

Agree with you Grump.On top of that we have given games to Eaton,Ben Miller,Hick and Bolton.Samalko and Wilson have had their year ruined by injury.If the alignment ended at the end of the season you would think a few guys who left mid season would be back.I think Perth and East fremantle have more problems.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

Forget Peel, East Perth are the big threat 6 years 8 months ago #130230

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Dont forget the 16s and 18s talent pushing up from below in the next few years if not drafted ie East , Ameduri , Young , Cox , Stack , Greaves , Miller , Redhead , Msando. all good quality kids

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 225 guests and 5 members online

• TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Swedgen
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag